Respected Contributor

Re: Today has been a horrible day warning sad and long

Thank you all. Mom was great, but my Dad deserves Father of the Year.  When Lucy died, he drove over an hour to meet me at the vets. I told him the day before that Lucy may have cancer and I might have to pput her down. I didn't want to cremate her; I was going to bury her. Dad told me no; that it's too much  for me to handle. He drove to the vets and took Lucy to my parents homeand buried her underneath a plum tree.  I called him today and asked him if he could bury Gracie. He's burying her next to Lucy. It's 100 degrees this week and he is taking care of my dog for me. Vet is keeping her until Monday for me when he can pick her up. He talked to mom to make sure I was doing the best that I could be doing.  Mom offered to spend the night, but I told her I would be okay.  

Abby has been laying between my feet all day today. She normally would sleep in the  doggie bed. I think she knows I'm an emotional mess right now.  

I left a job I had for 15 years to work for this company. I liked what I do, but I don't  love it. Salary was great. It allowed me to get 98% out of debt in two years! My large loan will be paid off in Nov. I could afford to take a pay cut if I need to find an entry level postition.  i haven't been online much because I joined a walking club a few weeks ago and that has helped my fibro and Ilm losing weight. Only 12 lbs so far, but it's a start. I have not binge shopped or binge eat today. I did drink sweet tea. I needed it! Lol this is the only social media I do and I had to open up about what happened today.  

Thank you for the prayers.  I'm a person of faith and I do believe everything happens for a reason.  The song "I will Trust in You" has been in lmy thoughts all day today. The chorus  says when Y0u don't move the mountains I wanted Y0u to move, when You don't parts the waters I could walk thru, I wil trust in You".  _ Lauren Daingle from Americna Idol sings the song.  

I'm at peace with all that happened today, but heartbroken about Gracie. She would look for Lucy and missed her; she found Lucy today. 

Calling it it a night and thank you again for the prayers and for letting me cry on your shoulder. Mir y0u click on my avatar, that is Gracie.  She's sitting on my Denim and Co jacket. Smiley Wink 

Respected Contributor

@makeup addict, I am so sorry.  You really have had a horrible day.  It is so hard to lose one of our beloved pets, especially on the same day you find out you are losing your job.  I am glad you have your new puppy though that will help you through these times.  Big hugs to you.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MUA...extraordinarily challenging time in your life.  Your attitude is beautiful and you are walking this path with kindness to yourself.  It was so caring that your dad buried your precious pets and that they are symbolically there together under the plum tree.  I am sending you healing thoughts and you will be in my prayers.  There just are no words that can console, but know that so many loving people on this board are caring and sending you much love during this difficult time.  Take care to be gentle with yourself.

Honored Contributor

All the platitudes in the world don't mean a lot when we're in the midst of such despair... so I'll just say there should be a law against days as rotten as this one has been for you. Hoping that you'll be seeing things looking up soon.

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sorry for your loss of Lucy and Gracie... They are now together, healthy and playing. We live in the pain of the loss. You were meant to be home for her. Odd or God as they say, I say God. Hope little Abby can lick your tears away and time will help.

Prayers and hugs are being sent to you...Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry.  I know the pain you are feeling.  I put my cat SHADOW over the Rainbow Bridge two days ago.  I wrote a poem to him and posted it there in PET LOVERS.

Every one there is very loving and kind.  They all gave lot of hugs and I share all the hugs with you.  My prayers are with you and your special babies. They are all over that RAINBOW BRIDGE now free of pain and playing.  Take care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

You did have a really bad day.  I'm so sorry you lost your sweet baby.  I lost two dogs in a two week period last November so I can appreciate how horrendous this is for you.  Keep your chin up, things will get better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@makeup addict

{{{{{Soft Hugs}}}}}

What an awful time you've had.

I am so sad for your losses.  Absolutely you were meant to leave work early today.  Your presence was needed somewhere much more important.

While you are of course in mourning, please take comfort that you and your doggies shared a great love, and you were with them to the end.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

This is so heartbreaking! @makeup addict  I'm so sorry for your losses 😢🙏🏻🌹 hugs xx

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict- I really don't know what to say.  I'm just so sorry, about all of it.  The loss of your pets and your job.  Each very difficult on their own, but all together.  I'm just really sorry.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?