Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today has been a horrible day warning sad and long

@makeup addict, I want to say I am so sorry about both situations. I haven't seen you in a while, I wanted to say hello! 

My sisters King Charles Cavalier had Addisons, so I have some experience with that. They really went through a lot with her dog and became very close with their vet. They did everything they could do with him and then it was time to let him go. Their vet came over to her house to put him to sleep and we were all there. It was really difficult. In our family, pets are family members. Some people might not understand that but that is just how we are. This was a couple of years ago and we still miss the little guy. He was a sweet little guy and added a lot to our lives. They got another KCC about a year ago. It took them a while to be able to get another dog. We all took it really hard. 

I think you are absolutely right and you were supposed to come early today. I am glad you were there. I am glad you got the new puppy. I know you are hurting and I am so sorry. There isn't much anyone can say to you that will make you feel better. I just wanted to acknowledge that I know what you are going through and what you have gone through. Addisons is very difficult. You sound like a good mommy though. They were lucky to have you!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@makeup addict - My heart is breaking for you right now.  I know how devastating it is to lose a furbaby, but to lose two so close together.  I'm very glad you have your new puppy.  Animals have a way of healing our hearts that is inexplicable.  Just hold that new furbaby as close and for as long as you need to.

I'm sorry about your job.  It must feel like your whole world is falling down around you.  Please try to stay positive; you never know.   There could be another position that will open up for you in the company.  Or there may be something even better out there.

There's little any of us can say that will help, but just know that many of us have "been there".  You will get through this and Abby will help.  (((prayers and hugs)))  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi @makeup addict,

I'm so very sorry to hear about both of your beloved doggies.

And I'm also sorry to hear about your job situation.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Heart

Sometimes it seems like, "when it rains, it pours."

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through. 

I really identify as my story is pretty much the same.

I was laid off from my job of 31 years Feb. 2015.  My baby was fighting lymphoma, and then kidney issues.  She passed away August 2015 (it will be one year ago very shortly).  I had those 6 months to be with her 24/7.  It was horrible losing my job and no longer be able to provide her medical care, but it was a blessing to spend the time with her.  It was far more horrible losing her.

Trusted Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

I can't stop crying.  I know I did the right thing, but she was my baby! So soon after Lucy. It hurts.  

That has to be really hard-when you lose one right after the other. Sending you lots of hugs. Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness...I'm so sorry you're being hit with all this at once.  I have no words...I signed in tonight to follow up on fire news...and your post brought tears to my eyes.

Hugs to you, my friend.

Valued Contributor

I hope and pray for you that the sun will come out tomorrow and you will see your girls in your new baby.  They will be there  for you in your journey to find a new position very soon.

Draw strength from the new life you have in your puppy.  She will keep you very busy and may she take your mind far away from any pain and only lead you along a path of new beginnings.

Very best wishes, Lapdog

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your pets and everything you are going through. Sending prayers.

PS About 4 years ago, we lost 3 cats within a month. (2 to cancer, and 1 we never knew why, he just passed away). It was just terrible and sad. DH and I were hearbroken.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I also feel that you were meant to come home early, and that you have a new puppy in your life.  I'm so sorry and sad about the loss of your Lucy and Gracie.  May your new puppy bring you much needed comfort.    (((((❤️)))))

Honored Contributor

(((@makeup addict)))  I'm so sorry.   So much, all at once, for you to handle.   I do think it was fateful and intended for you to go home when you did.    Also, having little Abby by your side is exactly what you need.    My heart goes out to you.   I wish you the very, very best in the next chapter of your life.   Please, take good care of yourself, be gentle with yourself.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova