Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've heard of some of these things, especially that attic scene.  Hitch was a pretty creepy dude.

From what I understand he had mother issues.  I'm anxious to get more facts on him.

Most movie star auto bio's you have to take with a grain of salt. Why I like to read what they say then compare it to what is written about them. Truth, lies somewhere between LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Tippi Hedren is 87

[ Edited ]

cherry wrote:

Hitch and Alma had a daughter. I wonder if she is still alive?

I do believe so.  She's in her 80s and lives in London (well, in or near). 

Her name is Pat Hitchcock.   She was in some of the episodes of his tv show.  Also, she was in 'Psycho'.  In the beginning, she worked in the office with Tippi Hedren's  character.   You can totally see the resemblance, at least back when she was young, to her father.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, JeanLouiseFinch, that is fun and suspenseful, and I love the clothes, decor, and restrained but effective performance by Sean Connery.

Those pictures reveal Tippi to be a stunningly beautiful woman at any age.  It's interesting that some of the great screen beauties were animal lovers and protectors--- Doris Day, Brigitte Bardot, Kim Novak, Tippi Hedren and many others.  I wonder if in some way these actresses experienced a feeling of vulnerability working in a callous field like show biz, and it enhanced their feeling for the helplessness and preciousness of animals...

@Oznell ,  great I sight on your part.  That makes total sense,  they probably felt very vulnerable especially in those days in Hollywood.  I have always felt that if I came in to a windfall I would live to open a no kill reserve for unwAnted pets.  It's Gods work and I so admire those that do work for animals.   Tippi is a special person God bless her.

Honored Contributor

She also went and entertained the troops. She became Ambassador for some kind of outreach for the boat people and women who had been treated horrible.

She got them to the U. S. and send them to school to become manicurists and pedicure workers. Why, most of those shops you see are ran by Vietamese workers, etc. She began that movement.

I have lot of respect for her she was never to tired to help others, but, what she went thru with lions , tigers and all that to shoot that movie called

'ROAR' was beyond the pale of any endurance. I hope Melanie is taking care of her now.

You just have to read the book. I couldn't put it down. Only 244 pages I knocked it off in 2-3 days, but, came away thinking

cruise.gif

Honored Contributor

I remember Melanie, her daughter, had to have 50 stitches to her face because she was mauled by a lion. Very sad ....apparently someone else in the film Roar had severe injuries too.

Honored Contributor

Here is an interview with Pat Hitchcock

http://www.emmytvlegends.org/interviews/people/pat-hitchcock

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Her name is Pat Hitchcock.   She was in some of the episodes of his tv show.  Also, she was in 'Psycho'.  In the beginning, she worked in the office with Tippi Hedren's  character.   You can totally see the resemblance, at least back when she was young, to her father.  

Pat H. also had a larger role in "Strangers on a Train". She played the sister of the female lead. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I remember Melanie, her daughter, had to have 50 stitches to her face because she was mauled by a lion. Very sad ....apparently someone else in the film Roar had severe injuries too.

The whole cast was hurt ! LOL These animals are wild and always will be wild. The trainer said they can love you to death one day and kill you the next. Tippi, was hurt, her husband was hurt, couple of workers were hurt, one guy was scalped the lion tore his scalp off from neck to front of his forehead. Then, they had a flood, then, a fire.

Mother lions would abandon their cubs at birth and poor Tippi had to get up every 2 hrs. to hand feed it a bottle 24/7. Vet bills were out of this world. Movie cost 17 million , it made 2.

why I say "what"?

At the end of the book her husband  # 2 was in the hospital with kidney stones she was by his bed and fainted she hit her head on the steal part of the bed and was in coma for 3 1/2 days, when she woke up she was starving they fed her great food she complained it was awful and kept saying no matter what the food was terrible, then, they ran a test on her and found out she had destroyed her taste and smell capability.

to this day she can't smell or taste nothing.   It goes on, and on

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Pat H. also had a larger role in "Strangers on a Train". She played the sister of the female lead. 

She was so good in that! Remember when Bruno was staring at her glasses. Pat Hitchcock had such an expression on her face! She was really a pretty good character actress.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I have seen 'Strangers on a Train' so I set a wish list for the movie.   I guess, at this point, it's only available to rent on Amazon, for streaming, so maybe it will come up on one of the movie channels at some point and then my Tivo will record it.

I would like to see more of Pat.   Most of the roles in his half hour show, as well as in Psycho, she had pretty limited parts.