Super Contributor

Time to buy myself a birthday gift!

Do you treat yourself to something you've been eyeing for awhile?  

I teach - what's your superpower?
Honored Contributor

Re: Time to buy myself a birthday gift!

Yes I do

Honored Contributor

I treat myself, but I don't limit it to something I've been eying for a while.

Honored Contributor

Do you mind sharing what you are looking  to buy?

Super Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Do you mind sharing what you are looking  to buy?

I haven't really decided yet.  I haven't even thought about it until just now.  Those birthdays really creep up on you!

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday!  Treat yourself!  Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

What I really want is this.... but I'll refrain:

Honored Contributor

I definitely treat myself. I don't have a large close family. So I would be pretty much the only one who treats me.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
Yep, every year in my adult life, as far as I can remember! Sometimes it was something very simple and reasonable. A pretty top, some perfume that I hadn't worn in years....I bought myself aromatics elixir from Clinique. I wore that all through my life until I graduated nursing school. We couldn't wear fragrance in the hospital...so I went with only a little spritz of something on my days off. My husband is a good man and would fight for me over anything. However, he's not a good gift giver. It was how he grew up; and what he thought was how it worked.
The biggest thing was when I turned 50. Originally I had plans for a the Caddy crossover or sedan. Then I got sick, very sick and afterwords couldn't work anymore. So, the caddy wasn't an option. We were still paying college tuition for our two children. And that, was the priority!!!!!
So when I turned 50, I bought the classic 5 stone anniversary band. I thought, one diamond foe each decade. I went to a good jeweler and the diamonds are beautiful. I wear it proudly next to my wedding band and E-ring. I have worked since I was 14 and before that, baby sat and was a mothers helper for 2 summers for a few very wealthy families in a part of southern NY state.
It's important to nurture ourselves. Not just with things but with peace, a cup of good tea in a china cup, a manicure, a good book. Going to a park with my daughter a mother/daughter pic nic. There all different ways. I did something extravagant for me only once in my life.
But if you asking if people think it's ok.....IMHO; most definitely!
Respected Contributor

I do not wait for my birthday to treat myself.