Honored Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

@JaneMarple wrote:

I see lots more negative and bashing posts towards a present day host then about the Amazing LR, I don't see anyone coming to the rescue about her or another vendor who sells women's clothes. So why so touchy about an ex host who seems to have too much time on her hands?

This is what I have said, time after time when the "picking on Lisa" insistence pops up. Hosts, vendors and other posters are positively shredded regularly on these forums every day, week in and week out, for months to years at a time. If those threads are allowed to continue, what is SO different when the same thing, no different in content, concerns one particular EX-host. Why should this not be permitted ONLY regarding Lisa, and where are her defenders when it's happening to OTHER hosts, vendors or other posters? Some are very probably contributing to those threads.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I see lots more negative and bashing posts towards a present day host then about the Amazing LR, I don't see anyone coming to the rescue about her or another vendor who sells women's clothes. So why so touchy about an ex host who seems to have too much time on her hands?

Perhaps it's just your limited view and bias.

And of course, you just had to throw jabs at Lisa in your response. Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, jealously. Or are you just trying to further the 'debate' about there's no bashing of Lisa personally while you just did it, lol. 

"Bashing"? Referring to her as "amazing" is bashing"? Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Who are you addressing? If it's me, I've explained it to you so many times that once more will not be be helpful. 

So now Lisa has too much time on her hands? Do your silly insults toward her never end? 

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

@SusieQ_2-:her response says it all. It's twisted entertainment for them. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Wow, @dooBdoo, GMTA! We were typing the same thing at the same time!

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

JaneMarple wrote:

This is what I have said, time after time when the "picking on Lisa" insistence pops up. Hosts, vendors and other posters are positively shredded regularly on these forums every day, week in and week out, for months to years at a time. If those threads are allowed to continue, what is SO different when the same thing, no different in content, concerns one particular EX-host. Why should this not be permitted ONLY regarding Lisa, and where are her defenders when it's happening to OTHER hosts, vendors or other posters? Some are very probably contributing to those threads.

That's sort of what I'm thinking.    It comes across as a double standard.   I get it:   if we like someone or something we're probably going to defend them and fuss at people who criticize them.    And if we don't like someone or something, we might not be so vocal when others decide to comment negatively.    But if we try to ask QVC Corporate to tightly censor based on our personal likes or dislikes, I think it's probably going to fall on deaf ears.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I seldom post on these threads and I don't like or want to "bash" anyone.    Seeing/hearing any "bashing" is distasteful, in my opinion, and it displays childish and oddly-vindictive behavior.    But that's not the same as talking about what we like or don't like, what we think works or doesn't work.    I think all of us can agree there's a fine line between offering edifying, constructive criticism vs. posting personal insults.    We also probably agree that judging on which side of the line it falls can be highly subjective.   It gets even murkier when we see some of the same people who denounce what they call "Lisa haters" (or fill-in-the-blank [person/product] haters) simultaneously use seriously insulting language toward those fellow posters they're chastising.

What I'm wondering is whether these LR threads are any different from all the other discussions about current/past hosts, vendors, or the way we treat each other as posters.   We can't all have the same opinions about people, or fashions, or jewelry, or other topics...   QVC corporate can't and won't dictate exactly what's posted here.    Moderation of a forum isn't black and white, and it all takes personal, subjective judgment.    So, what's being requested here by those who want to shut down the conversations?   No negative threads/posts about any person, or any product line?   If threads about LR are not permitted, what about the ubiquitous threads about Shawn or Susan Graver (to pick a couple of people who always seem to be targets).    I'm being serious, not facetious, by the way.    I'm not sure what's even being suggested in the way of censorship.

@dooBdoo the above mentioned host and vendor are the two I was referencing in a few posts back. I totally agree with you, the true bashing of these two never ends and they are bashed on numerous forums. Funny I don't see the LR lovers taking up for them since this is a QVC BB and the two women are employed by QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Who are you addressing? If it's me, I've explained it to you so many times that once more will not be be helpful. 

So now Lisa has too much time on her hands? Do your silly insults toward her never end? 

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

So eloquent and meaningful, Jane, as always.

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

Wow, @dooBdoo, GMTA! We were typing the same thing at the same time!

Hah! 😁  I know!   I'm just sort of puzzled about what's being suggested here.    But that's nothing new...   my brain cloud comes and goes, so "puzzled" and "confused" are familiar territory for me! 🙃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get it now, don't speak ill concerning LR BUT feel free to bash anyone else and it's ok!

Honored Contributor

We're good, @SusieQ_2 :-)

I just thought it needed saying that while "the usual suspects" as I'm sure we're thought of, have in common certain POV about Lisa as a businesswoman, we don't all express it the same way nor should we necessarily be identified as one person, as some of the LR bulldogs identify and take pains to insult us. We do share some views in common, but not "everything" - we're not all One Mind, One Voice, One Giant Bash, yet we tend to be regarded as such by some (not meaning you).

Glad you enjoyed "Jonny."