Honored Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

@Burnsite wrote:

I would not call my worst enemy an "aging has been." 

Everyone is aging, in case you haven't noticed. 

@Burnsite    

Yeah, ITA  ...... what a snotty remark!      Wow.

Yes, everyone is aging.  

And for those that are apparently clueless, many people have several careers over the course of their lifetimes!   Lisa (and many of us) could have a few more careers before we retire.    

Clearly, just taking a shot at someone who's done well ....  and takes good care of herself.   Some women just can't deal with that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My question is calling the OP a name on the now closed thread deliberate to close it down or have it poofed because of a difference of opinion? 

Hi @JaneMarple, thanks for asking. The answer is no, I did not call the OP a name to have the thread closed down, I called her a name because I felt it was deserved. Still do, and as you can see, I have no problem discussing things here. My comments to the OP were not about a difference of opinion, they were about a lie. 

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I wonder how Lisa's business would be affected if QVC decided all comments about her in this community were off limits.  I'm guessing her website and Facebook views increase each time there are threads here about her whether the comments are mostly negative or positive. 

@wildcat fan

Hmm.   I've never seen any thread about LR and then clicked over to her sites.    I doubt comments about her create business over there.   Why do you think that?

Respected Contributor

I really like Lisa. I miss her sense of humor. I met her once in a studio audience with Kathy Levine and Delta Burke. She was very sweet. I wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do going forward.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tinkrbl44 wrote:

wildcat fan wrote:

I wonder how Lisa's business would be affected if QVC decided all comments about her in this community were off limits.  I'm guessing her website and Facebook views increase each time there are threads here about her whether the comments are mostly negative or positive. 

@wildcat fan

Hmm.   I've never seen any thread about LR and then clicked over to her sites.    I doubt comments about her create business over there.   Why do you think that?

It's a common practice used by many sellers.    Site visits, views, clicks, that sort of activity generates money in various ways.   For that reason site promoters will even go so far as to plant discussions on chat sites as "clickbait."    They don't care so much about whether the conversations become positive or negative -- it's sort of the old "all ink is good ink" theory, good press or bad press is still exposure and some people will follow their piqued curiosity all the way to the Facebook page or website.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

And some people have actually BEEN something somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My question is calling the OP a name on the now closed thread deliberate to close it down or have it poofed because of a difference of opinion? 

Yeppers, IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

@Burnside  I can think of much worse things to call a worse enemy should I ever have one.  What part of my statement was incorrect? 

Correctness is not an excuse for being rude or demeaning which is exactly what was intended by "aging has been".  The phrase was meant to diminish.

Diminishing others seems to be her hobby.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Yeppers, IMO.

Well then, it wouldn't be the first time you were wrong today. 

But hey, we can just agree to disagree on that too. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

'Gee', I really don't know why (the controversy) ........... She seemed to be a very nice, knowledgeable host.  The models liked her, etc.  She didn't state anything controversial, imo.  Well, I'm hoping that she is doing well.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).