Respected Contributor

Re: This is how I want to look at 81!

On 3/26/2015 Lotus~ said:

I think that picture was photo-shopped....saw her on E or one of those shows and she didn't look this good.

God Bless her though.....she can still wow! I give her credit in those shoes alone!

I certainly agree. These people work constantly on their figures and have the money to get their bodies "trimmed" by a Dr. if they want to. She looked older than these pictures when I also saw her on TV; obvious that work was done. I agree, wearing shoes like those is unheard of for most, even after 65.

Sophia, now that's another story. She looks terrific, when you see her on TV she looks like she is aging but great. Nothing fake about this great lady. Accepting aging but with grace.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 baker said:

Don't forget JR had plastic surgery quite a few times, you can only expect the skin to stretch so much and still look natural. I think the Collins women look good for their age, but not in a natural way. My aunt is 80 and she doesn't look her age, but she looks like she's aging naturally.

Agree. Natural is the key.

Respected Contributor

Joan Collins was born beautiful and all the procedures in the world aren't going to make her look as beautiful as she does today. A lot of it is just genetic and since she was exquisite her entire life, she will always be exquisite.Smile

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Joan Collins was born beautiful and all the procedures in the world aren't going to make her look as beautiful as she does today. A lot of it is just genetic and since she was exquisite her entire life, she will always be exquisite.Smile

ITA! Even the best procedures when done repeatedly leave the face looking not quite right. And Joan looks exactly the same, feature wise, as when she was young. I disagree with posters who think wearing makeup or a hair piece is not "natural". It's simply enhancement. If we all went truly "natural" we would use nothing at all on our faces. What a plain world that would be. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

I can't know for sure about Joan or anyone else, but I do know about my own mother. When the hospice administrator came to her home to get to know her before setting her up with her caregivers, she asked me to come into the kitchen for a minute. She wanted to know my mom's correct birth date since it was obviously wrong on her paperwork.

My mom's DOB was correct on the papers, she just looked that good and that much younger than her years. Yes, she wore make-up and yes, she colored her hair, but some people are just blessed and my mom was. Joan obviously is, too.

Super Contributor

When I need plastic surgery I want the number of her plastic surgeon.

And a blank check!

Super Contributor

She looks great! And in the second pic, with her sister, even her hands look good, and that's not easy!

Trusted Contributor

Look at the knots of varicose veins bulging out of her leg, and her wrinkled skin around her feet near her toes. But she has had plenty of plastic surgery.

Honored Contributor

feline

Love the Gloria photos. That is the way I like to dress. I love her belt and bracelets! She is a natural beauty. I love her laugh lines, she reeks intelligence and confidence.

Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Yammy25 said:

Look at the knots of varicose veins bulging out of her leg, and her wrinkled skin around her feet near her toes. But she has had plenty of plastic surgery.

She is 81 after all but I see no signs of plastic surgery on her face. I believe her when she says she uses the old fashioned tape method for public appearances.