Honored Contributor

There are certain posters that just seem so harsh, when they reply to peoples threads.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I say don't let them get to you after all it is your choice....just words from strangers.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There are certain posters that just seem so harsh, when they reply to peoples threads.

If someone is always harsh I figure they're just miserable people.

Once in awhile harsh and I guess they're having a tough day (or year)

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yeah, some people are just Cranky McCranksters.  Smiley Wink

Just ignore them and enjoy your conversations with the rest.

Honored Contributor

There are ways of expressing an opinion that don't make  the other person  feel diminished or condescended to.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

It bothers me when a poster comes on the boards excited to share a purchase, say a new dress.  Then in the post the OP asks for help finding accessories, like a pair of shoes or some jewelry.

People totally ignore that the OP LOVES the item or has already purchased it, and then make comments like these:

"That dress is out of style."

"It's cut too high/low for X event."

"No one where I live wears X..."

"I haven't seen one of those in years."

"You paid too much.  I wouldn't pay $20 for that."

"You should buy this one.  I like it better."

And so on...Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

I was recently scolded by a poster because she said I made the same comments on two different threads and that it was not necessary for me to do so. How ridiculous is that? LOL.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Super Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

If someone is always harsh I figure they're just miserable people.

Once in awhile harsh and I guess they're having a tough day (or year)

That's why I don't post too often.

Honored Contributor

Hi Goldens!  I hope that's not me, but I understand when sometimes people take me as being that way.   I never grew up being coddled or even nurtured so I think I have more of a straight-forward way.

It's not meant to be offensive, however.  I just tend to say what I'm thinking about the issue with no flowery-speak because I don't really relate to that.  Plus, I hope that my actual words will be 'heard', because I like to help and will go right to the problem and say what I think might help, or give facts that are the answer to the question at hand.  Smiley Happy