Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking of joining Facebook

don't

Respected Contributor

I have never felt tempted to join Facebook; it seems a waste of time and people over-react.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I have never felt tempted to join Facebook; it seems a waste of time and people over-react.

In my opinion, it's no more of a "waste of time" than posting on these boards (which I also love) is. And no one overreacts more than some of the posters here. Maybe I've got a great group of FB friends, but I don't have any trouble with drama and stuff. A few are a little over the top with their political posts, but I just roll my eyes and read their posts for the entertainment value. 

Facebook is what you make it and if one isn't on it, then you really don't know what it's like. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy Facebook.  It's the best way to keep up with family and friends.  I have five sisters and sometimes we are on at the same time and messenger each of us...like a sister conference or group texting.  It can be about family business or just a laugh fest.

I'm "friends" with several of my former coworkers, too.  Distant relatives.  Just like here, you come on when you feel like it, go off when you feel like it.

I'm not a phone person, hate talking on the phone.  FB is a perfect fit.  No Twitter or that other thing that I can't think the name of right now.

To each his own, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

DITTO. FB is a place where members LOVE to BRAG about themselves. BORING.