Honored Contributor

There's A Blimp On The Loose

U.S. military blimp filled with helium and carrying radar equipment is floating over Pennsylvania.  Broke loose from its tether and is dragging a cable that is taking out power lines in its path.

Trusted Contributor

Re: There's A Blimp On The Loose

Yes, I'm watching. I accidentally started a thread on it just now in Electronics!

Respected Contributor

It's huge. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

Yes, I'm watching. I accidentally started a thread on it just now in Electronics!

Well, it is being reported that it is carrying radar detection equipment.

Honored Contributor

WOW!

Thanks for letting us know!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Oh, no.........Wishing everyone safety.  Is helium dangerous?  My gosh, how can this happen? 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is hard to fathom.  When I think of how I double and triple tied my boat to the dock it's hard to believe there wern't fail safe ties for this blimp.  

Oh, well, perhaps there were.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, it is currently being shared all over facebook........it will be an expensive loss if they dont recover this! it was tethered over aberdeen proving grounds in maryland. lots of jokes and memes being made about this also......

when they first appeared it was so strange to be driving on the beltway or on interestate 95 and seeing these things hovering in the air.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

And twitter goes crazy...

blimp

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Actually I think it's finally on the ground and is being secured by law enforcement and the military.

Somebody is going to have a lot of explaining to do . . . well, what do you want from something that cost almost 3 billion dollars . . . smh . . . Smiley Wink