Honored Contributor

The rain is coming. The rain is coming!

We have been SO dry in the southeast. And there are so many wildfires in the region. We're in an "exceptional" drought.  I live in Atlanta and we've had no rain at all, at my house, since early August. None. Not even a sprinkle. 

Anyway, the rain is coming!  Tonight. Soon. And again tomorrow and Wednesday!!  Supposedly lots of it. I am so excited, like waiting for Santa excited. 

If it ever actually gets here, I want to back my car out of the garage and sit in the driveway so it will wash some of the dirt and dust off.  I can't wait to hear the rain. It's been so long. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: The rain is coming. The rain is coming!

Yes!  Normally I hate rain, but this time I understand how badly we need it here in Va.  It's going to start soon and rain (supposedly) for 2 days.  We'll see.

Trusted Contributor

I am right there with you in Atlanta. Northern part. We need this rain so desperately. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

I am right there with you in Atlanta. Northern part. We need this rain so desperately. 

Me too, Cherokee County.  My husband and I want the rain first and foremost for the fires.. we can wait, just put the fires out. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh@Lucylu12 @SuziepeachAnother metro Atlanta gal here (Henry County) doing a rain dance tonight! 42 days and counting,ladies!  Bring it on!!!!!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

We have been SO dry in the southeast. And there are so many wildfires in the region. We're in an "exceptional" drought.  I live in Atlanta and we've had no rain at all, at my house, since early August. None. Not even a sprinkle. 

Anyway, the rain is coming!  Tonight. Soon. And again tomorrow and Wednesday!!  Supposedly lots of it. I am so excited, like waiting for Santa excited. 

If it ever actually gets here, I want to back my car out of the garage and sit in the driveway so it will wash some of the dirt and dust off.  I can't wait to hear the rain. It's been so long. 

@gidgetgh

At first I was assuming you're in Southern California ... the drought has been going on forever!

This past weekend I got caught in the rain !!!   YAY!!

Well, they did say "chance of rain" but I never believe them because it never rains, lol.    Here's wishing for more rain for both coasts! 

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Lucylu12- I'm in the northern suburbs also!

Respected Contributor

Pouring here in Michigan but warmish. 40's. Didn't you get any rain in Atlanta during the hurricane? How far inland did the rain come then?

I hope you gets lots and lots of drought helping rain.

Honored Contributor

I'm in East Tennessee and am so happy the rain is coming!  I can still smell the smoke from the fires.  I really hope the rain will help them some.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Pouring here in Michigan but warmish. 40's. Didn't you get any rain in Atlanta during the hurricane? How far inland did the rain come then?

I hope you gets lots and lots of drought helping rain.

@wonderfulworld- no rain from the hurricane. It didn't come west enough.