Esteemed Contributor

Re: The old saying of "you end up looking like your dog"

Haven't heard the saying about looking like your pet but yes, after 32 years DH and I share certain common attributes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66:

Ha!  Cat Tongue

Bet you're cute regardless.  

Hey, my boobies never made it past an A-cup (despite applying Miracle Gro...j.k.), so I've always been really pear-shaped, LOL.

ITA re: having a self-deprecating sense of humor - It's a wonderful life enhancer.

Can't abide people who don't have one, especially about themselves.

Honored Contributor

Old saying?  I never in my life heard that saying.  I have heard that the longer you are married the more you look like your spouse.

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

I live with birds and we don't resemble each other.  That said, my pigeon came to me with severe damage to his right wing which prevented release back into the wild.  This was 2009.

I fell down a flight of stairs in 2011, resulting in damage to a nerve along my spine and slight case of winged scapula on my right shoulder.

In summary, my pigeon and I have 'wing' issues on the right side.  Kinda eerie sometimes.

I like this.  My husband brought home a baby pigeon he took from the street where he works.  It didn't seem to be able to fly or was weak from the cold.  We had an old birdcage and he kept him in there for close to a month until he was strong enough to fend for himself.  He took him back and released him.  He flew away all strong and with a full belly.  I sure hope he made it through the winter.

@sparklestar

Your husband or the pigeon?

Respected Contributor

I don't think so! I have a black lab and black whippet. I buy porcelain foundation ! I do look like my dh, tho!😉 One day a student of mine saw my dh with me. He asked if he were my husband. When I said yes he said, "I thought so, he looks just like you!"🙄

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Oh! Holy smokes, maybe it is the husband. LOL. although I love the answers here.

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

I live with birds and we don't resemble each other.  That said, my pigeon came to me with severe damage to his right wing which prevented release back into the wild.  This was 2009.

I fell down a flight of stairs in 2011, resulting in damage to a nerve along my spine and slight case of winged scapula on my right shoulder.

In summary, my pigeon and I have 'wing' issues on the right side.  Kinda eerie sometimes.

I like this.  My husband brought home a baby pigeon he took from the street where he works.  It didn't seem to be able to fly or was weak from the cold.  We had an old birdcage and he kept him in there for close to a month until he was strong enough to fend for himself.  He took him back and released him.  He flew away all strong and with a full belly.  I sure hope he made it through the winter.

@sparklestar

Your husband or the pigeon?

I would think it would be obvious since my husband does not have wings to fly.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, my collies are beautiful with sable hair!  My nose is not as long, however!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think about that.  Look at my picture... the one of my pups. One is dark.  One is light.  Hubby is dark, I am light.  I do believe we have twins.  

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I don't have any pets! Woman LOL

Me either, unless Dust mites count.  I think they live in even small amounts of dust so maybe once a week I am a pet owner? 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."