Honored Contributor

The latest ...Meghan's Dad is having heart surgery tomorrow

He also blames his sons nasty letter ,to Prince Harry for triggering all of this

I hope this might be a blessing in disguise, for  all involved. I hope the Dad has a successful surgery, and the siblings go to his side and leave Meghan to marry in peace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5733373/Meghan-Markles-father-wont-attend-wedding-needs-hear...

Respected Contributor

Re: The latest ...Meghan's Dad is having heart surgery tomorrow

that's confusing since i thought he had surgery a few days ago.  now we have a new story.  quite the ongoing drama . 

not the sort of publicity the Royal Family needs surrounding a multi-million dollar undertaking.  zounds!

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

He also blames his sons nasty letter ,to Prince Harry for triggering all of this

I hope this might be a blessing in disguise, for  all involved. I hope the Dad has a successful surgery, and the siblings go to his side and leave Meghan to marry in peace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5733373/Meghan-Markles-father-wont-attend-wedding-needs-hear...

As the stomach turns...

Esteemed Contributor

I said it would be a train wreck & you ain't seen nothing yet..   Bet the Queen isn't a happy camper about now.

Honored Contributor

I said this is a ‘Hollywood wedding’ but geeze...

even the Kardashians can’t create this kind of drama.

I predicted a generous 10 years.

I’m amending that to a maybe 2-digit-day annulment

(pro-tip...make it more than 72 days).

Honored Contributor

This isn't a Hollywood wedding ...... it's a media and papparazzi free for all.    They should have eloped.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

I said it would be a train wreck & you ain't seen nothing yet..   Bet the Queen isn't a happy camper about now.

Oh, I think the Queen will be okay. After all, she's seen a lot in her time...A LOT! Just one example, remember the toe sucking incident with Sarah Ferguson (Fergie) and her paramour while she was still technically married to Prince Andrew, the Queen's son. Here's a reminder if you don't recall.

https://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/the-duchess-of-yorks-toe-scandal/ 

Liz will survive. 

Honored Contributor

I think that the British tabloids love blowing this stuff up and that the Royals will just take it in stride.

It's everyone else who's getting in a tizzy.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the father was upset by his son but you don't wait to the last minute to cancel.  I think he was embarrassed and would be uncomfortable with the royal family and meeting the Queen.  I hope that family goes away except for Meghan's mother.  Meghan pick herself up, attended Northwestern U. and made something of her life.  She met Harry on a blind date and the rest is history.  I hope their wedding day will be filled with love and laughter and PEACE.  Of course, I wish the father well with his surgery.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped  OMG!  For some reason I forgot all about that.  Yes, all families have some dirty laundry.

kindness is strength