Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner February 16 - 22, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner February 16 - 22, 2015

How cold is it where you are this morning? It is -8.6 here in WNY. yikes!

Hope this will be a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies.

Prayers continue, always, for those in need. Take care and try to stay warm!

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

It is brutally cold where I live (25 miles NW of NYC). Temps are at about 4 degrees right now but the windchill makes it more like 15 below. It's very dangerous to be outside and if one has to go out we are told to keep it to a minimum and to cover as much skin (even our face) as possible.

As always my heart goes out to all of the animals...homeless and wild.{#emotions_dlg.sad} I'm still puttingout food for the deer,the wild turkeys,the birds,the racoons,the squirrels,etc. and my next door neighbor is doing the same thing (we live in a heavily wooded area).

Matty... Sending more very special prayers to Steve and hoping that he's getting stronger with each passing day. Sending more special comfort hugs to your family.

(((((((((((MATTY,STEVE,TANYA & LIBBY))))))))

Wishing everyone a pleasant day today and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Good Morning-

It is 4 degrees here--we live near Notre Dame--with wind chills it is -9. Our terrier mix reluctantly crept outside, whined, did her business in 10 seconds flat, flew back into the house, and went back to bed! Our black Lab went out and was in her own Lab Heaven: she just loves it out there (someone has to! LOL!)

Best wishes to everyone with prayers going up. Stay safe and warm--

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies,

I am out for our winter break. We start school at the beginning of August for our balanced calendar. That gives us several breaks during the school year. We are cold for Georgia but nothing like you Sheltie, Beastie or Lucy. Stay warm and safe. Give those furbabies hugs from me! Matty, still sending hugs and prayers to you! I hope everyone has a blessed week!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

Forgot to mention Westminster starts tonight on channel CNBC and tomorrow on USA. I know some folks may have a problem with the AKC and dog shows, but I've learned much about different breeds by watching and I love to see all the beautiful dogs. Maybe this is the year for a Sheltie!
Super Contributor

On 2/16/2015 panda lady said:

I am out for our winter break. We start school at the beginning of August for our balanced calendar. That gives us several breaks during the school year. We are cold for Georgia but nothing like you Sheltie, Beastie or Lucy. Stay warm and safe. Give those furbabies hugs from me! Matty, still sending hugs and prayers to you! I hope everyone has a blessed week!

Panda

Thanks, Panda! It definitely is a bit cold out tonight! LOL! BBBBbbbrrrrr!!! Hugs and prayers to you as well--hope you are enjoying your winter break: much deserved! Smile

Super Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Sheltie Mom said: Forgot to mention Westminster starts tonight on channel CNBC and tomorrow on USA. I know some folks may have a problem with the AKC and dog shows, but I've learned much about different breeds by watching and I love to see all the beautiful dogs. Maybe this is the year for a Sheltie!

Yes! Am watching right now--I see a few other threads were started about the dog show. We, too, learn a lot and love to see all the different breeds and hear the stories. No offense to the Shelties, but......Go Labs! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Enjoy the show and stay warm!!!!

Super Contributor

With a fresh snowfall of 3" in PA, and another school cancellation day....the morning sun created an untouched, serene landscape to which my cockers have now destroyed with paw tracks and dog "snow-angels."

Sending warm wishes to all pet-lover friends this week. Especially thinking of Anna and Cheryl...and all of you who need a touch of healing and calmness.

Loved watching the Westminster dog show....when I saw "Rocket, the Shih tzu"....knew this beautifully coiffeur dog was a winner, and surprised to hear that Patty Hearst is a co-owner.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Sharon, Bo & Gracey

(edited to add "smiley"!)

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 lucylover64 said:
On 2/16/2015 panda lady said:

Panda

Thanks, Panda! It definitely is a bit cold out tonight! LOL! BBBBbbbrrrrr!!! Hugs and prayers to you as well--hope you are enjoying your winter break: much deserved! Smile

Thank you, Lucy! Give those fubabies hugs from me!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I'm not short...I'm fun size!