Respected Contributor

I've noticed, that in many cases, QVC clothing items don't really come in size XL!  If you look on the "click here" choice online, you'll notice that the size difference between XL and 1X is often 1/2" inch or some tiny tiny difference.  I think they actually fudge these size differences!  I think this is an outright lie to us to make us think  that we really do have the option of both sizes. 

Customers, start checking the online measurements to see if I might be on to something!  Sometimes, the XL is even bigger than the 1X!  The trouble with lying is that you have to be very careful to cover your tracks!  I think we've been duped in many cases to think they really do offer the XL. 

I've been shopping here for a longgggggggg time.  I remember when we only had a choice of small, medium, large, 1X, 2X, and 3X.  Customers kept requesting an XL size.  QVC finally complied with much foot dragging.  I guess it cost them more to make an additional size offering.  So now, we think we have more choices--XL.  Or do we. . .

Esteemed Contributor

the problem with the 1x, 2x and 3x sizing is that the manufacturers often assume that you must be tall if you wear a PLUS size and the garment lengths and sleeves are often too long.  The XL sizes are often shorter.

Respected Contributor

My understanding is that "women's" sizes 1X etc are actually cut larger overall than a Missy size XL. The armholes, neck opening, etc.  I believe they run a bit longer in length as well. Just as a true petite is cut closer in all measurements and not just shorter.

I don't think anyone is lying to us.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

It's a shame that those between XL and 1X have to make decisions like: do I shorten sleeves or have a shorter torso of garment?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Occasional Contributor

I think the notion that there's any universally standard sizing for women's clothes is the real myth. I have such a wide variety of sizes in my own closet.  Not sure what the supposed "industry standard" is for the differences in sizes, but it certainly doesn't surprise me that there's no rhyme or reason in any line at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

O/T  I never understood xxs -what is that?  Sub zero? 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

O/T  I never understood xxs -what is that?  Sub zero? 

Woman Surprised Negative digits scare me when it comes to clothing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@lilrunnergrl wrote:

I think the notion that there's any universally standard sizing for women's clothes is the real myth. I have such a wide variety of sizes in my own closet.  Not sure what the supposed "industry standard" is for the differences in sizes, but it certainly doesn't surprise me that there's no rhyme or reason in any line at all. 

Thank you for pointing that out ....  I'm really surprised that people think manufacturers strictly adhere to sizing "standards"  .....   especially since most of our clothing is made in any number of foreign countries.

I'm finding the same problem with shoes .... Years ago, I always wore a size 7 1/2 shoe ....... Right now in my closet I have sizes 7,  7 1/2,  8 and 8 1/2 !!

What's up with THAT ???

Honored Contributor

KathyPet,

I've always had a problem with long sleeves because I am not tall.  I got sick of rolling the arms up.

I get a lot of tops on QVC because they have so many with 3/4 sleeves.  I can't find that often in local department stores or boutiques.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@lilrunnergrl wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that womens/mens sizing was standardized with the advent of WWII and the need for uniforms for both. 

If this is true the population*  and the manufacturing of garments and lifestyles have changed beyond what those standards were.

*of the US