Honored Contributor

Re: The Italy shows should be very interesting

I watch the Italy shows infrequently, but watched a wee bit of this one to see Antonella in her new gig.  I thought she did a great job and I love the fact that she's so fluent in Italian which allowed her to interact with some of the vendors and help clarify a few comments and put the remarks or questions in context.

Even so, though, I still think these "on location" shows are usually unnecessary and don't add to value or interest.  I'd rather see the Q adding new product lines to break up the drone of the same merchandise day in and day out.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

We open in Venice

We next play Verona

Then on to Cremona

Our next place is Parma

Then Mantua, and Padua

Contributor

It boggles my mind that they all traveled to Italy to sell costume jewelry! The markup of gold jewelry would be worth it, but I wonder if this proves worth it. This is my first time watching these current shows - did they have a gold show too?
Esteemed Contributor

Well i watched last night and have it on tonight. (I couldnt watch non stop of course we were out and about today).

Anyway, I think Antonella is doing a great job and I like seeing the scenery in Italy!

I have some things in my wish list BUT I did not order due to reading "on the jewelry boards" that this bronzo peels. So I am unsure about  ordering.

I will say this though. For people mocking the jewelry, lets face it, not everyone can afford real gold anymore! I know I wont pay the prices now days for real gold!

That being said, i have gold pieces already that are near and dear to me (my wedding set, and various gold jewelry my husband and children bought me).

But I have recently been buying lots of silver and there are silver pieces in the show too.

Anyway I really love the lire coin jewelry the most. (I have a lire coin pendant and real gold necklace now that my husband got me 4 years ago, in remembrance of my (Italian) dad and its gorgeous). And I would have liked more but like I said I am hesitant on the bronze.

SO I think I will hold off and wait to read reviews when people get theirs. Decisions decisions! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Well i watched last night and have it on tonight. (I couldnt watch non stop of course we were out and about today).

Anyway, I think Antonella is doing a great job and I like seeing the scenery in Italy!

I have some things in my wish list BUT I did not order due to reading "on the jewelry boards" that this bronzo peels. So I am unsure about  ordering.

I will say this though. For people mocking the jewelry, lets face it, not everyone can afford real gold anymore! I know I wont pay the prices now days for real gold!

That being said, i have gold pieces already that are near and dear to me (my wedding set, and various gold jewelry my husband and children bought me).

But I have recently been buying lots of silver and there are silver pieces in the show too.

Anyway I really love the lire coin jewelry the most. (I have a lire coin pendant and real gold necklace now that my husband got me 4 years ago, in remembrance of my (Italian) dad and its gorgeous). And I would have liked more but like I said I am hesitant on the bronze.

SO I think I will hold off and wait to read reviews when people get theirs. Decisions decisions! lol.

I watched some of the begining and end presentations. I saw nothing that wowed me. I agree with you Shorty2U, wait for the reviews, and most can't afford real gold anymore. I was hoping for a few really nice pieces that some of us could afford to purchase. Disappointing for sure!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know what is meant by the show "shoud be very interesting". Why wouldn't it be ??????

Antonella was born for the job and can do it naturally with one eye closed better than anyone else.

Why talk about a gown, the show is all about the jewelry from the FAIR !

Lisa had to work hard to make it look easy when it comes sencond nature to Antonella and I think she did an outstanding job !

She looked great, spoke well, got along with those in italy very well and had wonderful shows.

I'm so glad she finally got the position she was made to have !

P.S.  My Bronzo jewelery is in excellent condition and I've never heard ANYONE say it peels or does anything else. Perhaps someone put it in  one of those electronic jewelry cleaners or used something caustic to clean it.

Valued Contributor

Not impressed with Antonella and I could care less if she is Italian. She isn't selling the jewelry- no sell outs. I turned it off!!
Honored Contributor

Considering the products they're selling, a millionaire's villa and formal ball gowns seem a bit pretentious.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment