Trusted Contributor

Re: That's what you get for raiding the office fridge!

@Ms X wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I wonder whether she could get prosecuted for that.  I think it might be assault or something.  It's not unusual to read news stories about people who tamper with others' food and get arrested.  Would putting that into a container that indicated it was something else qualify?  She should at the very least be fired. 

@Ms X

Seriously?    Fired or prosecuted because someone else is stealing her food?   

How do people even come up with this stuff?

If anyone goes into a company refrigerator and STEALS someone else's, they should be prosecuted for THEFT  ....  or fired for theft.   

Any situation I've seen that had a kitchen refrigerator, the rules were very clear:   If you didn't bring it in, DO NOT touch it.   This "community" thing is a load of kwap.   

______

Well, @Tinkrbl44, you need to read my posts again.  I didn't say she should be fired because someone was stealing her food, did I?  Putting breast milk in the company refrigerator for others to drink is certainly a firing offense, in my book. 

Further, as I said, many times I've read of people being arrested for spitting on food or otherwise tampering with it before serving it.  In fact, I saw one or two such news items involving police officers in fast-food joints just in the past week.

Completely unrelated, other than the fact the two involve food.  No similarities,  the woman was not serving anyone her breast milk, nor was she serving anyone her coffee creamer.

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I wonder whether she could get prosecuted for that.  I think it might be assault or something.  It's not unusual to read news stories about people who tamper with others' food and get arrested.  Would putting that into a container that indicated it was something else qualify?  She should at the very least be fired. 

@Ms X

Seriously?    Fired or prosecuted because someone else is stealing her food?   

How do people even come up with this stuff?

If anyone goes into a company refrigerator and STEALS someone else's, they should be prosecuted for THEFT  ....  or fired for theft.   

Any situation I've seen that had a kitchen refrigerator, the rules were very clear:   If you didn't bring it in, DO NOT touch it.   This "community" thing is a load of kwap.   

______

Well, @Tinkrbl44, you need to read my posts again.  I didn't say she should be fired because someone was stealing her food, did I?  Putting breast milk in the company refrigerator for others to drink is certainly a firing offense, in my book. 

Further, as I said, many times I've read of people being arrested for spitting on food or otherwise tampering with it before serving it.  In fact, I saw one or two such news items involving police officers in fast-food joints just in the past week.

Completely unrelated, other than the fact the two involve food.  No similarities,  the woman was not serving anyone her breast milk, nor was she serving anyone her coffee creamer.

According to the sign in the OP, she'd put breast milk in a cream container, let others use it, and then put the sign to those who had used it to inform them they'd been drinking breast milk.  I would fire her.

As for tampering with food, fast-food workers have been arrested for spitting on and putting hot sauce on cops' food in recent weeks.  I'm not sure it's the same, but it seems a very similar offense to me.

Respected Contributor

I don't think she put the breast milk in the cream container so people could use it.   

I think  she found out people were using the "cream" and then put the note on the container.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO she purposely put her milk in a creamer bottle, that she knew people would use to teach them a lesson. Why wouldn't she use a sterile container? 

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I don't think she put the breast milk in the cream container so people could use it.   

I think  she found out people were using the "cream" and then put the note on the container.  

So you think the note was  a joke, and the creamer was really in it?

Honored Contributor

It serves them right, good for her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I don't think the note was a joke 

I think she was storing her breast milk in a cream container, found out people were using it, and then put the note on it.  

So you think it was really cream and she made it up that it was breast milk?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bri20 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I don't think the note was a joke 

I think she was storing her breast milk in a cream container, found out people were using it, and then put the note on it.  

So you think it was really cream and she made it up that it was breast milk?

After reading the article I think it was a joke. Is she even a new mom?

Respected Contributor

@missy1, I don't know   

Honored Contributor

I think some here may have never worked in an office, so they don't understand the 'politics' of bringing in YOUR food items and putting them in a community refrigerator.

I'm not condemning or condoning any particular behavior about what this person allegedly did.

I just want to explain that when you bring food/drinks to work and put them in the community refrigerator, they are YOURS.  They are not for everybody unless it's an event or something where somebody brings something in, or announces that it is for everybody.

So, the it should be a safe assumption that the only thing to which one is entitled is what that person brought.

As to this 'situation' - it just sounds like the person was upset (understandably so) that somebody else was using her coffee creamer, so she just put a sign on it to say it was her breast milk to gross out the person who was stealing, as well as to point out that it was not theirs to use and hopefully stop them from using other peoples' property.

That's my take anyway, FWIW.  Smiley Happy