Trusted Contributor

It is hard to make your own fabulous handbag though, that is the difference.

For anyone who enjoys these and can easily afford them then good luck to you. I'm not insulting you. I was just astounded to see these at this price.

Respected Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@Lynneuk wrote:

Almost $55 for 14 crust less mini quiches!?!

That is madness! Even someone who can barely make toast could make those for about $5 max!

I'm astounded at what people will buy.

______

How about $55,000.00 for A Hermes Birkin handbag. 

Yes they're handmade, yes the leather is fabulous, the construction, impeccable.  You're on a long waiting list to get one(if you can even get on the list). No doubt they're beautiful. 

But, that's a💜Whole lot of pennies for a status symbol! 

Incdentally, you can get them less expensively. I think you might even find one, for around $15,000😳

I was not gonna comment but you brought up the fabulous Birkin bag, lol. I don't  care enough about food to pay a lot. If  I ever win the Mega Millions lottery, my first purchase would be a Birkin (or two) but I still probably wouldn't  buy  those quiche,haha. 

Respected Contributor

@KKYToby wrote:

Why the heck is it any of your business how people spend their money?  Who made you judge and jury of frivilous expenditures?

While I would never buy these myself, so what?  Others may lik them or not have the time or ability to make ones on their owns.  Perhaps they find the Nancy's brand of mini quiches horrendous -- I certainly do.

Once you decide th criticize others for their spending, you ope yourself up for similar criticism.  I am sure if we took at look at your purchases, that many of us would find things unnecessary, wasteful, silly, or frivilous.

If you find a product silly or overprices, the simple solution is to not buy it.  Mocking and criticizing others for their purchase of it is mean, nasty, pretentious, and unnecessary.

Wow,  I thought the forums were for opinions and discussions.  So the OP finds it ridiculous to pay  lot for some mini quiche.  The forums seem like the place to say so. ...just like you said you find Nancy's brand quiche horrendous even though other posters had written how much they enjoyed them.I don't see much difference . I don't care if people think my purchases are ridiculous. If they say so on a forum, it isn't nasty, mean, or pretentious,etc.  It's just an opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I agree thAt those quiche are way over priced but if people are willing to pay that for convenience then they are happy with that price.I would rather have home cooked food any day.I just wish someone would pay me the 55.00 to bake up a batch for them and I would include the crust if they preferred .

Respected Contributor

I agree that the price is high.  But, as long as people are buying them it's not going to change any time soon.

Respected Contributor

I've never bought food from QVC.

Their prices are very high. 

Honored Contributor

A wonderful bakery near me sells a whole quiche for $30, feeds 4.   They can't keep them made fast enough, always selling out.

Respected Contributor

Don't forget,  people have a variety of income levels and $55 is not a lot of money for a great many people.  A lot people don't cook or don't want to cook or run around town pricing pastry.  So, if that is something they want, they will happily pay $55 to have it delivered to their door. 

Respected Contributor

Re: That is ridiculous!

[ Edited ]

I did laugh when I saw the price during the presentation but to someone else in a higher economic level 55.00 is no big deal.

He kept moving it around on the plate talking about how rich and creamy it was.

I was like dude just ship me one fork full because that is all I can afford!Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

For $55, I expect to get the crust, too!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~