Trusted Contributor

Almost $55 for 14 crust less mini quiches!?!

That is madness! Even someone who can barely make toast could make those for about $5 max!

I'm astounded at what people will buy.

Honored Contributor

Although I've never made these, I do see many recipes for them.  You make them in muffin tins.  The ingredients are very inexpensive and I would say it takes 5 minutes of prep time plus baking time 

Trusted Contributor

Exactly! You'd really have to have more money than sense to pay $55 for them.

Even the guy presenting them seemed a little embarrassed,lol!

Honored Contributor

Nancy's mini quiches have been popular here for a couple of decades by now.  They are to be found in the freezers of higher end grocery stores and at Costco.  They're really good and not high priced.  They make great appetizers for parties.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Nancy's mini quiches have been popular here for a couple of decades by now.  They are to be found in the freezers of higher end grocery stores and at Costco.  They're really good and not high priced.  They make great appetizers for parties.

$55 is not a lot if you like the product and it saves one time in the kitchen or store.  Some times I wonder were some people live here...........

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

$55 is not a lot if you like the product and it saves one time in the kitchen or store.  Some times I wonder were some people live here...........

@SydneyH

Say what?

I introduce an alternative and you wonder why I live where?

Trusted Contributor

Guess you are their target buyer then if you think that,lol! There are probably no more than $5 worth of ingredients even that much is a stretch. 

They couldn't be simpler, maybe five minutes to throw together. 

To each his own but it just seemed beyond ridiculous to me, almost like they were having a joke to see if anyone would really bite!

Honored Contributor

Re: That is ridiculous!

[ Edited ]

Nancy's mini quiches have crusts (an extra step if you're the chef) and are not nearly as expensive as the item mentioned by Lynneuk. 

ETA: I have bought these to heat up quickly to take to my book club, and everyone likes them.

Esteemed Contributor
P.T. Barnum said it best!
Respected Contributor

I buy these frequently.  They are delicious!  I have no interest in making quiche from scratch.  Two of these with a tiny salad make a great lunch for my husband and I.  I don't have to fry bacon or buy an entire bag of spinach that I don't want.  The price is well worth it to me.