Honored Contributor

Re: That Amber Heard should be ashamed of herself...

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

As "Done Tryin" posted, it looks like this is headed into a big argument. For whatever it's worth.....the news story that I saw on TV did, in fact, show photos where you could see visible injury to Amber. Again, I'm more than a little baffled by the immediatel rush to judgement AGAINST the female. And, yes, absolutely a "B" rated actor could hurt an "A" level actor with this type of judgement--and, of course, it should hurt an "A" listed actor - if, indeed, he is guilty. Sounds like we all need to wait and see the results from our legal system and not rush to judgement on our emotions and preconceived conclusions.

Yes, I just posted a link to one of the photos.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

My rush is not immediate and everyone who seems to know him well have publically called her out.  If she is a victim, which I highly doubt at this point, she's doing a terrible job pursuing her allegations.

The same thing happened when Bill Cosby was accused.   

Esteemed Contributor

The picture that's been going around wasn't the visual when the police responded to a 911 call about their argument! They stated in their report there was no sign of violence.  It's all fishy to me- Johnny's been in the news for years about his love life. I remember back in the day the big news strory was 'who is Johnny Depp dating now??!' And never once did we hear that he had a violent streak. Wrecking hotel rooms on occassion, yes!

Trusted Contributor

How can you be so judgmental over something you know absolutely nothing about.  Many women are abused and are protective of their abusers out of fear, shame, etc.

This is a very serious subject and we know nothing about what really happened between them. 

I'm all for commenting on subjects as we see fit, and you have the right to your opinion - but again, how could you possibly know what happened?

Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

Maybe she left her wife, she has been seeing her again for awhile.  Amber VanRee-----------tedEbear

I also read that she was g a y - I was surpirsed she was with Johnny in the first place!

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

How can you be so judgmental over something you know absolutely nothing about.  Many women are abused and are protective of their abusers out of fear, shame, etc.

This is a very serious subject and we know nothing about what really happened between them. 

I'm all for commenting on subjects as we see fit, and you have the right to your opinion - but again, how could you possibly know what happened?

I agree with you @Alsee

We know nothing, we need to wait and see.

And we need to remind ourselves that a common reaction for any woman reporting abuse is not only NOT to believe her, but to drag her through the mud.

It happened with the women brave enough to report Cosby, too.

Esteemed Contributor

For those who prefer not to click on the link to the photo, here is the accompanying story ~

"Amber Heard had no evidence of any injuries when cops came to her home Saturday night after getting a 911 call ... this according to LAPD law enforcement sources.

As we reported, when cops arrived Amber refused to file a police report. She now claims Johnny hurled a cell phone at her face, badly bruising her eye, but our law enforcement sources say they saw no injury at all. In fact, we're told she never alleged any brutality ... just that they had an argument.

Our sources say she refused to offer any more information, so they left.  

As we reported, sources connected with Johnny say Amber is lying ... making up the domestic violence story. One of the things Johnny points to is Instagram ... Amber was tagged in a pic showing she was partying with friends Sunday, the day after the alleged attack. The photo was deleted on Friday after the news media spotted it. 

The LAPD says they had no reason to believe Johnny Depp struck Amber Heard with his phone when they were called to the couple's apartment."

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: the police report...

There is a long history of LA area police protecting stars, so to me that means nothing.

Another possibility is that she covered the marks with makeup before the police got there.  MANY women refuse to press charges once the police get there.

OR, she could be lying.  I don't discount that.  But we don't know.  Maybe time will tell.

Esteemed Contributor

I just have to say I cannot believe Depp didn't have a pre nup and I believe it was the same with Gibson.  Looks like Mel didn't learn his lesson because he has another 25 year old.  IMO I didn't like the looks of  Amber Heard when he married and thought the whole thing was crazy.  Something has to be said about 25 year olds with 50 plus year old men.  I don't know whether she was abused or not but if it's untrue it's terrible for the real victims out there.  These men are not thinking with their brains that's for sure.