Honored Contributor

That Amber Heard should be ashamed of herself...

In response to people who wondering why she stayed with Depp; she actually said she was protecting his career and her privacy.  Stop me if I'm wrong but if a man is abusing me, a man who is a mutimillionaire and a already a star.  And if somone is abusing me, my safety would come before my "privacy".  Let's get real here, Depp is the star.  Her privacy is not an issue since most people only know her as that young chick with the dogs that Johnny Depp married.  She should be ashamed because she trying get money by riding the coat tails of legitimate victims of domestic abuse.  She knows the words to say and her lawyers are doing their best to coach her but she obviously don't know anything about what real victims go through.  All she knows is that she wants a chunk of Depp's money and she'll say whatever it takes to get it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Amber Heard should be ashamed of herself...

While I generally agree with you, your post seems a little harsh to me....she was, apparently, really abused. And, yes,  this type of thing does, in fact, hurt megastar's careers (e.g. Remember Mel Gibson?). I don't blame her for her preference in wanting to keep it private. For celebrities, sadly, that's not an option. 

Honored Contributor

Her abuse claims are a downright joke, and nobody in their right mind would think a B list starlet has the ability to 'protect' an A lister's career.  She's getting roasted in the media, and rightfully so imo.

Honored Contributor

I always thought she was a little "out there" before Johnny Depp even came along. I'm sorry - but I have a hard time believing anything she says. 

Honored Contributor

Amber claims her alleged injuries were caused when Johnny hurled an iPhone at her. The 2 guards support what the responding cops say ... she had no visible injuries. Amber claims there was broken glass on the floor and even submitted photos in her legal docs, but the guards insist there was no broken glass, and the cops say nothing was amiss.

According to TMZ

The cops and their own security guys are standing their ground on no physical abuse or busted up apartment.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Is she the reason Depp left his longtime girlfriend?  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I always thought she was a little "out there" before Johnny Depp even came along. I'm sorry - but I have a hard time believing anything she says. 

I'd never heard of her before she married him.

I've always thought Johnny Depp was a little "out there".  Birds of a feather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

While I generally agree with you, your post seems a little harsh to me....she was, apparently, really abused. And, yes,  this type of thing does, in fact, hurt megastar's careers (e.g. Remember Mel Gibson?). I don't blame her for her preference in wanting to keep it private. For celebrities, sadly, that's not an option. 

The key word here is "apparently".  Every heard of staging a scene?

If you read her court documents, there is no way she would've only had that "bruise" on her cheek, considering the way she claims he "abused" her in a rage.  Her own words give the lie to what she is alleging.  (For all we know, she walked into a door after getting drunk at her friend's birthday party.)

I've known someone who suffered that kind of abuse.  Trust me, she looked a lot worse. 

(ETA:  And in the case of Mel Gibson, the woman had a lot of evidence to back up her claims, including tapes of his vitriolic, verbal abuse.  Where's the supposed evidence that Amber has?  Oh yes!  She's "withholding" it to protect JD's career.  Yeah and I have a bridge to sell you.)

Respected Contributor

Uh Oh; this one might be headed into a big argument.  On the one hand, discounting abuse claims is exactly what happens to victims & is one reason why they don't report.  On the other hand, false allegations are just plain wrong, & make it harder for those who have legitimate claims.  Look at all the women who didn't report Cosby because they thought no one would believe them.

I don't know the truth in this story & hope the powers that be can get it all sorted out.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

In response to people who wondering why she stayed with Depp; she actually said she was protecting his career and her privacy.  Stop me if I'm wrong but if a man is abusing me, a man who is a mutimillionaire and a already a star.  And if somone is abusing me, my safety would come before my "privacy".  Let's get real here, Depp is the star.  Her privacy is not an issue since most people only know her as that young chick with the dogs that Johnny Depp married.  She should be ashamed because she trying get money by riding the coat tails of legitimate victims of domestic abuse.  She knows the words to say and her lawyers are doing their best to coach her but she obviously don't know anything about what real victims go through.  All she knows is that she wants a chunk of Depp's money and she'll say whatever it takes to get it.

@chrystaltree

First ... where did you read this?  

Secondly, you are assuming that this is actually working for her.   She can say anything she wants, but until a judge rules on the claims of both parties, this is just chatter.  

IMO, her attorney may not be giving her the best advice, but we shall see ...