Regular Contributor

I just received (in the mail, snail mail) a $10.00 coupon code for money off on anything. Even today's specials, or electronics the only catch is it has to be at least $20.00.  What a NICE gesture, a thank you for just being a customer. In the past I have received 20% off coupons but it couldn't be used on today's specials, but this had just that one limitation.

I have been a custome of the Q for TWENTY Years and have NEVER received anything!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nitefall wrote:

I just received (in the mail, snail mail) a $10.00 coupon code for money off on anything. Even today's specials, or electronics the only catch is it has to be at least $20.00.  What a NICE gesture, a thank you for just being a customer. In the past I have received 20% off coupons but it couldn't be used on today's specials, but this had just that one limitation.

I have been a custome of the Q for TWENTY Years and have NEVER received anything!!!

@Nitefall, good for you!  Enjoy your coupon from HSN.  They're third quarter profits are down just like Q.  The only shopping network that had gains was JTV.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

What a nice gesture from HSN.  Hopefully they'll do that with all of their loyal customers. I would love to receive a coupon. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I rec'd one too and I think it came with the 'junk mail'.  All the grocery store ads and such.

I haven't ordered from them in YEARS and yet they thanked me for being a customer.

I kinda feel like it should've gone to someone who is a faithful shopper of theirs.....

Respected Contributor

Are you thanking HSN really, or just ribbing QVC????  $10 is really not that big of a gesture.  It's like getting a 10% off ... a spit in the bucket.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank You HSN

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

Are you thanking HSN really, or just ribbing QVC????  $10 is really not that big of a gesture.  It's like getting a 10% off ... a spit in the bucket.

um no, it isn't necessarily. If you only order a $20 item it is technically 50% off. And I'd rather have that "spit in the bucket" than no spit and no bucket like QVC offers...which means they don't offer ZIP! A little off is always better than NOTHING. A small gesture is always better than NO gesture and is certainly appreciated, or at least should be.

Respected Contributor

Every savings even a little is something. Good for you OP you got something from them. HSN keeps emailing me 20% off coupons (minimum $100 purchase) since I haven't shopped with them in about a year. There is nothing I want from them. Last thing arrived broken a year ago and since it sold out I never got it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'll take a $10.00 coupon over a 20% coupon any day. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

I received the same coupon from HSN.   I recently ordered the Giannio's 6lb candy tin. That is the 1st thing I've ordered from them in over 20 years. 

I thought the coupon was a really nice gesture since I'm someone who (obviously) doesn't order regularly.

The Giannio's is excellent btw.

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I'll take a $10.00 coupon over a 20% coupon any day. 

I'll take the 20% off coupon for a $200 bracelet that I have on watch. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson