Super Contributor

6 ways cops know you're texting. Article is on Yahoo. It appears some states are really making an active effort to catch people texting while driving.

I'm surprised all states don't ban texting while driving.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The danger of texting and driving is the reason we don't even have the texting feature on our phones. I have a high school senior, and we have never allowed phones to be enabled to get or receive texts. As he gets older and moves on, we will probably get in tune with the times, but I actually don't have any reason at this time to even want that feature. I'm sure that will change as he gets older and moves away, but for now, one less worry. I think many parents won't deny themselves things even to ensure safety, and give in to peer pressure to have what everyone else does.

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 mominohio said:

The danger of texting and driving is the reason we don't even have the texting feature on our phones. I have a high school senior, and we have never allowed phones to be enabled to get or receive texts. As he gets older and moves on, we will probably get in tune with the times, but I actually don't have any reason at this time to even want that feature. I'm sure that will change as he gets older and moves away, but for now, one less worry. I think many parents won't deny themselves things even to ensure safety, and give in to peer pressure to have what everyone else does.

Awesome! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

It's against the law in my state to hand-hold your cell phone and talk and also no texting.......big deal! The law is never enforced......every single day when I'm behind the wheel I'm dodging people (everyone from soccer moms, grandma's, teens, and guys in trucks) with their cell phone attached to their hand trying to do it all while driving........I hate it. I have no idea what is going through their minds......the especially scary ones are the older grandma types that have enough of a problem even handling their cell phone when they're sitting in a chair, but they feel they HAVE TO ANSWER the stupid thing while they're driving and it's a mess (yes, I was run off the road by one doing this).

My cell is in my purse and if it rings, I have voice-mail......I refuse to pick it up when I'm driving. I also have a phone that is already built into my car (button next to OnStar button) that I have in case I absolutely need to use a phone while driving (I've never used it, but it's there if I need it).