Respected Contributor

Re: Tennessee Teacher Kidnaps 15 Year Old Student: AMBER ALERT

I saw this on the news the past few days. I hope they catch them. What happens when he runs out of money? 

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

I saw on tv this am his pic from a grocery store in the hair color aisle.....he's shaved his beard and dyed his hair .....she has a different cut and color too I am sure.  They are either in a rural area or a big city.  On GMA it was reported that she had changed her single status to married before she left with him.....they'll find em this weekend or sooner.....hopefully.

@MickD, this is what I saw as well.  They believe he manipulated this young lady.  She has some idea that she is "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast.

I  hope that if he thinks he loves her, that at least he won't harm her until they can catch his behind and send him up the river for kidnapping and unlawful sexual contact with a minor.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Very good idea @RedTop.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis I think you're right....this guy won't hurt her.....uhh....edit.....kill her....I am sure that she has been emotionally and sexually assaulted.....

....you have another beautiful avatar...  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@MickD, I hope my feelings are right.  Thank you for the compliment.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

She is 15 and he has a gun.  We don't know if she was coerced, but we do know that a 15 year old isn't old enough to make a mature decision.

His wife bothers me.  We keep seeing her on TV telling him to come home, "This isn't you."  Obviously, it IS him.

@Noel7

I have a sneakin' suspicion that she was coached regarding what to say, and "this isn't you" is part of that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

COLUMBIA, Tenn. (WKRN) – One of Elizabeth Thomas’s older sisters spoke with News 2 Tuesday. She believes Elizabeth made the choice to run away.

“She’s a smart girl and I don’t believe she’d do something like this unless there was a motive behind it,” Brandy Landauer said. “Happy kids don’t run away from home, and if she was unhappy, that could’ve been the reason why she left.”

Landauer is Elizabeth’s older sister by four years. She says she and Elizabeth used to play guitar together and practice for church choir.

“She was a little spitfire,” Landauer said. “Elizabeth was fun to be around, she likes to joke, she was a great singer – I loved to hear her voice.”

She says she, her sister, and their eight brothers and sisters had a good childhood.

Landauer says up until November 2015, she and her siblings were home-schooled, but they played sports and went to church three to four days a week.

In November 2015, their mother, Kimberly Thomas, was charged with child abuse. She moved out of the home.

Landauer was not far behind. She married her boyfriend, they moved into their own home, and they had a baby.

The 19-year-old older sister defends her mother and says there must be a reason why Elizabeth was running away.

Landauer worries that Tad Cummins will get desperate and hurt Elizabeth. She prays that’s not the case.

Neither of them have been seen or heard from since Monday, March 13. The TBI has said they’ve received hundreds of tips but none have given any credible leads in the case.

Cummins has been charged with Elizbaeth’s kidnapping in the case and also faces one count of sexual contact with a minor out of Maury County. He’s accused of kissing her at school.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

The girl could honestly believe they they are in love, and that running away to be together is romantic. She could be convinced that the two of them are soulmates.

It's not unheard of.

As for the wife saying that this is out of character for her husband, he could have some sort of organic brain disorder, a tumor, perhaps, that is pressing on certain parts of the brain that affect behavior and thinking, so in that case, it would be out of character for him to do this.

I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility, no matter how remote it might be.

I, too, hope that they are both found.

Honored Contributor

Troubling: The TBI says Tad Cummins did online research on teen marriage before his disappeared with Elizabeth Thomas, his former student. He also reportedly researched his car, trying to determine if certain features could be tracked by law enforcement.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor