Honored Contributor

Re: Tennessee Teacher Kidnaps 15 Year Old Student: AMBER ALERT

i have been kind of keeping up with the news somewhat about this happening.

some of the news (on t.v. and reading) that these 2 people were somehow involved. 

we will never know what really happen till someone is caught, and stories finally come out in the open.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop Good for you for doing that, that's often what makes a break happen in these cases.

This girl is 15, she does not have the maturity to understand the gravity of any of this or any reality about him or their "relationship". And he is 50, and a teacher in a position of power over her. He's various words that I can't use here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Troubling: The TBI says Tad Cummins did online research on teen marriage before his disappeared with Elizabeth Thomas, his former student. He also reportedly researched his car, trying to determine if certain features could be tracked by law enforcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was pregnant, they got married & will 'hide out' until the baby is born.  

I would guess the parents know a little bit more than what's being reported.  A 15-yr old kid just doesn't wake up one day & run away from home to have an affair with a 50-yr old man. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Preds wrote:

Troubling: The TBI says Tad Cummins did online research on teen marriage before his disappeared with Elizabeth Thomas, his former student. He also reportedly researched his car, trying to determine if certain features could be tracked by law enforcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was pregnant, they got married & will 'hide out' until the baby is born.  

I would guess the parents know a little bit more than what's being reported.  A 15-yr old kid just doesn't wake up one day & run away from home to have an affair with a 50-yr old man. 

Wow.  He'd be committing bigomy. Teen marriages, etc. do happen in that neck of the woods too. 

Saw his wife - well, she knows what she's married to and he's probably let on about finding young females irresistible. 

I just hope the young lady is found alive and well.  I wouldn't want him taking her life so he thinks he cannot be charged with kidnapping as he wouldn't be found with her. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@sidsmomI agree the family knows more. It is sad that her mom is charged with abuse and  her dad just got custody. Dysfunctional family life.

Honored Contributor

I remember when I was a teen and visited a friends home, there was a picture of a very young girl in a wedding gown. I asked my friend who was in the photo and my friend told me this was her Grandma and she was 14 when she married her Grandfather. Things sure are looked at differently today as far as chronological age and maturity. Indeed this man who worked as a teacher seemed to want to help this teen, but didn't go about it in the right way. I doubt very much if this man will harm the teen, after all he gave up everything to be with her.

Contributor

She is 15.  He is 50.   He wanted to "be with her" ... I don't think he was wanting to help her with her homework.

Her home life reads badly ... maybe why he targeted her.

I don't believe his intentions are to help this girl ... he wants to help himself to her.

Extremely sad situation.

Honored Contributor

I've been following this story. 

I think Tad & Elizabeth are either in Mexico or Canada by now.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

A local TV news report last night said he had stalked her for weeks.  She kept asking people she knew to tell him she wasn't around, she hid from him.

Honored Contributor

I have been kind of keeping up with this story.

At first I was really upset this teacher did this sort of thing, but now reading more and more about this case. It sounds as if the young lady is in a compromising relationship. 

I feel so sorry for this man's wife , I doubt she did not know of her husbands philandering ways with this young lady.

I do hope they find these 2 people soon.