Esteemed Contributor

Tennessee Teacher Kidnaps 15 Year Old Student: AMBER ALERT

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said it remains "extremely concerned" about the well-being of Elizabeth Thomas, right, who was last seen on March 13, 2017, in Columbia, Tenn. Tad Cummin, left, was placed on the TBI's Top 10 Most Wanted List. 

(CNN)It's been a week, and still, there is no sign of the 15-year-old girl or the Culleoka, Tennessee, high school teacher charged with abducting her weeks after another student reported seeing the two kissing.

A lawyer for Elizabeth Thomas' father said the teen's alleged abductor is armed, dangerous and "obviously a man who is not in control of his faculties."
On Saturday, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation updated its Amber Alert explaining how little has turned up since investigative efforts placed Elizabeth and teacher Tad Cummins in Decatur, Alabama, about 70 miles south of Culleoka. State investigators have received 250 tips, from 24 states, including California, but none has helped them locate the girl.

They're left to believe Cummins could be staying out of sight.
"He potentially may have them sleeping in the vehicle or Cummins may have driven them far away from Tennessee to a rural community. Having now been on the run for more than five days, Cummins may have taken her, frankly, anywhere," the Amber Alert update said.
According to authorities, a friend dropped Elizabeth off at a restaurant in Columbia, about 45 miles south of Nashville, on March 13. Near the same time, Cummins was captured on surveillance footage pumping gas nearby, they said.

Police said they believe Cummins has two handguns. They are trying to evaluate how much cash he may have. Cummins took out a $4,500 loan days before he disappeared, police said
*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Tennessee Teacher Kidnaps 15 Year Old Student: AMBER ALERT

I hope & pray for a good outcome.

And it sure will make for a good episode of Dateline!

@itiswhatitis

Esteemed Contributor

@software, so do I.  She went with him willingly.  He thinks they are a couple, so he grabbed her up (armed) and fled so they could be together.  SMH.  His wife is pleading for him to bring the girl home.

Spread the word for the AMBER ALERT.  He is fugitve # 1.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is 15 and he has a gun.  We don't know if she was coerced, but we do know that a 15 year old isn't old enough to make a mature decision.

His wife bothers me.  We keep seeing her on TV telling him to come home, "This isn't you."  Obviously, it IS him.

Honored Contributor

Saw this on the news a day after this happened. I like everyone else, hope she returns safely to her family. Seems like trust in people is much harder to find than in past era's in which I have lived.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

She is 15 and he has a gun.  We don't know if she was coerced, but we do know that a 15 year old isn't old enough to make a mature decision.

His wife bothers me.  We keep seeing her on TV telling him to come home, "This isn't you."  Obviously, it IS him.

I've seen news that suggests she went willingly, scampering away from her home, to be with him.  SHE IS FIFTEEN.  HE IS FIFTY.  He should not have taken her anywhere, as he has no parental right over her.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

That's scary.  This is the first I've heard of this story.  I hope she's okay.

Just last night, there was a girl on tv who reminded me of the boy MaryKay Letourneau went after.

So I googled to show my husband who he was.  They've been married over 10 years.  Oy, who would've thought?

Honored Contributor

This has been in the news since last week, just hope they find her alive.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Before my trucker daughter left today, I gave her written info on the year and make of the vehicle, license plate number, and the number to call if she and her co-driver spot this car.   They drive 22 out of 24 hours a day, so I suggested she pay closer attention this trip to the vehicles on the road at night, and any young women in the truck stops.   

Honored Contributor

I saw on tv this am his pic from a grocery store in the hair color aisle.....he's shaved his beard and dyed his hair .....she has a different cut and color too I am sure.  They are either in a rural area or a big city.  On GMA it was reported that she had changed her single status to married before she left with him.....they'll find em this weekend or sooner.....hopefully.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G