Honored Contributor

Re: Ten Super Foods Women Should Eat (AOL)

[ Edited ]

18 clicks to view content?  That's major $$ for that website.

Heavens knows what they mine from your computer while you're in there.

Click-bait at its finest.

Trusted Contributor

For some reason when I get to #5 my computer tells me there is a problem and I can't go any further.  

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Desertdi

Image result for maxine woo hoo what a ride cartoon

Kidding...somewhat.  I try to eat most of the good, whole foods on the list and in this thread, but I stopped stressing about it and now just shoot for a balance...I know too many people like your Mom, and too many people who've eaten only what is good for you (du jour) and died young.

@MacDUFF    I agree.   I, myself, try to eat "healthy"...........but didn't want my elderly mother to feel she was "being punished for being elderly."   The doctors mostly "agreed" that at her age, she should be able to choose what she wanted to eat. di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

When I tried, yesterday, the website wouldn't load for me so I got out.  I came back to this thread today hoping that somebody had just posted the list.

From what I'm reading, it sounds interesting.  I can't think of a veg I don't like but, since I mostly cook for just me, I really don't eat enough veg.

I love almonds and eat them pretty much every day.

For berries, blueberries are my least fav but I like the others more. I will eat just blueberries on their own, but not blueberry anything else - like muffins or whatever.

Honored Contributor

Here are some things I remember:

Salmon is on every best for you list, heart healthy, etc.

Blueberries also tops a lot of lists.

Avocados.

Almonds and other nuts, but almonds come first.

Olive oil.

Ground flaxseed.

Spinach.

Chia seeds.

Respected Contributor

I eat broccoli a couple times a week.

I eat lots of spinach, kale, chard..LOVE!

Turmeric...if it's part of a recipe. I tried to drink a "golden drink" on  a regular basis made from turmeric and coconut oil.  I just couldn't get into it.  I know it's very healthy though.  That's why I try to find recipes to include it, or sometimes I will just put it in my rice or chicken soup.

Sardines..nope.  I like tuna, though, and of course, salmon.

Blueberries...I like them, but I have to be careful with berries..seeds don't agree with me!

Beans..love navy beans, kidney beans, almost any kind.

Cherries...love.

Almonds..love.

Quinoa..I have yet to include this in my diet. My mom has it on a regular basis. I've had some salads that have been pretty good.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Beets are also very good for us.  I've always had a can of sliced beets around, I like them on salads.  I've heard good things about fresh ready-to-eat beets at Trader Joes so I got some there, had one last night and they are delicious!

We have kale a couple of times a week, and spinach at least once a week.  I also use spinach leaves on sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

Beets are also very good for us.  I've always had a can of sliced beets around, I like them on salads.  I've heard good things about fresh ready-to-eat beets at Trader Joes so I got some there, had one last night and they are delicious!

We have kale a couple of times a week, and spinach at least once a week.  I also use spinach leaves on sandwiches.

Ooh, I love beets!   My husband, however, is as repelled by them as I am with stuff like mayonnaise and eggs.   Just say the word 'beets' and he looks queasy.    

I also love salmon but I'm rather picky.   I try to go with Alaskan King salmon.    Smiley Happy

My husband's boss usually goes up salmon fishing and he brings me a few packets, already professionally vacuum-sealed (how great is that!).   I make it last as long as I can because I love knowing I have some in one of the freezers.  

Super Contributor

I enjoy eating broccoli, blueberries and almonds.

I haven't had beets in years.  I plan to add them to my next grocery list.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Ooh, I love beets!   My husband, however, is as repelled by them as I am with stuff like mayonnaise and eggs.   Just say the word 'beets' and he looks queasy.    

I also love salmon but I'm rather picky.   I try to go with Alaskan King salmon.    Smiley Happy

My husband's boss usually goes up salmon fishing and he brings me a few packets, already professionally vacuum-sealed (how great is that!).   I make it last as long as I can because I love knowing I have some in one of the freezers.  

Hi @chickenbutt

I love salmon just about any way I can get it!  Fillet of salmon is the best, but I also like smoked salmon in sandwiches.  Costco makes little square pieces I use with a little cream cheese for a sandwich.

When I was a kid, I had relatives who lived next to a Native American reservation.  They had a smoke house where they hung salmon and smoked it.  When all of us little kids came around in the morning, they'd give each of us a hunk to eat there.  That was the beginning of my passion for salmon Woman LOL