Honored Contributor

Re: Ten Super Foods Women Should Eat (AOL)

I eat several of these alot. I won't eat sardines. I eat turmeric daily and Almonds, black beans and blueberries I eat several times a week. In summer, I eat blueberries almost every day.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I've read a lot about superfoods and kept lists from various sources.

IMO this list is a little off.  I've never seen broccoli come in first.

It also does not mention two of the most important superfoods, salmon and avocados.  Flaxseed is another, and Chia seeds are a newcomer and considered important.

Other than that, I do eat everything on that list except for broccoli.  President GHW Bush and I can't stand it, and research says that's usually genetic, as is a dislike of cilantro, which I do like.

we eat chia seeds every day- we mix it with either yogurt or just put it in our cereal.  So much better than flax which can give foods an odd flavor, imo, and flax isn't the best choice for people with certain diseases and risk factors for various cancers. 

Spinach is something I'd consider a superfood too.

Blueberries and almonds are almost always on the top 10 list of superfoods. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't click onto links, but veggies give me gas, lol.  I'll look up the link info later.

I can usually tell when a link is safe but am weary of these articles that list one thing per page, forcing you to click through each thing a page at a time... More times than not, I just X out... Sometimes, a simple list is all that's required... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

YES YES YES YES !!!!! By the way!! Best thing you can do not only for your body! Your face too!!! Without going into detail, Fiber!!! Can't stress enough the importance. Inside out!! Yes, That's what I'm talking about!! 🙌

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't click onto links, but veggies give me gas, lol.  I'll look up the link info later.

@ROMARY

If you're not used to eating veg you could get gas from the fiber in them.  You can start out eating a little and increase your intake.  Or get fiber elsewhere because it's very important, the fiber helps clean our arteries.

Honored Contributor

After thought, Try and look at this way. You really are what we eat. More intake of color and omega rich foods sardines-wild caught or wild salmon benefits huge!! wild important because happy fish swimming in cold water are best. Myself love packed in water. You can find both in your market. Preferably quality brand, Trader Joe's or Wholefoods. If your completely vegen nuts and flax seed oil are excellent source. Everyone! Should include flax seed oil and or seed.
Honored Contributor

Go for the ground flax seed. Our bodies don't break it down enough to get to the inside of the seed unless it's ground.

It's great in muffins or sprinkled in salads.

Honored Contributor

My ma lived to 97...........eating pie, cake, ice cream,  P&J sandwiches.......burgers, etc.     She DID have arthritis, but that runs in our family.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Love Roses, I'm in your camp.! @Phoenixbird,IT A: I am omnivore, but my emphasis is a lot of non-starchy veggies, but I get my carbs from legumes and root veggies.  No wheat and no sugar and no milk-except occasional sprinkles of cheese, but I like Daiya: I wish they had non-dairy parm!  I also have 2-3 vegan meals and snacks a day. I feel better than I have felt in years!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi

Image result for maxine woo hoo what a ride cartoon

Kidding...somewhat.  I try to eat most of the good, whole foods on the list and in this thread, but I stopped stressing about it and now just shoot for a balance...I know too many people like your Mom, and too many people who've eaten only what is good for you (du jour) and died young.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~