Honored Contributor

I just do not understand the popularity of these. They are gaudy, cheezy, and where do you put them all if  you have sets and sets of them?  Maybe someone who likes them will share why. I would not want them if they were free.

Esteemed Contributor

And what do you do with them when they start to chip--like all other Temptation pieces.....

Honored Contributor

havent had any chip or crack.

dropped one and it broke into a bunch of pieces, but that was my fault.

gaudy, tacky, ugly?......not to me......love my pieces and use them frequently. have some new items, have some original items.

i buy them and use them. i do not have any of the dinnerware. i prefer to purchase the specialty pieces and bakeware. have given some as gifts also.

to each his own........buy what you love, love what you buy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just do not understand the popularity of these. They are gaudy, cheezy, and where do you put them all if  you have sets and sets of them?  Maybe someone who likes them will share why. I would not want them if they were free.

I feel the same way about Fiesta.  Different strokes.    Just read the fiesta thread.  Most of those people have more of it than I do temptations.   And I have a fair share.  I like it, I don't find it gaudy or cheezy.  Cheap yes.  I've had some of it over 5 years and have no problems, I didn't have to take a loan out for it either.    If I ever change styles, as many do,  it's more than paid for it's self.

You've been here long enough, why try to drag up the dead horse?  This is no better than trolling for controversy. People love or hate it.   No one has to buy it or even understand why.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I really like it.  To me it makes my house a happy place and when I take it someplace it is always admired.  I don't have the dishes, to me that would over do but I love the seasonal mugs and bake piecses.  I am able to break most anything but I handle gently and have had one crack and one chip in 15 years.  I've been through tons of glassware.  In an ultra modern home it probably wouldn't look good but, to me, I enjoy using it and presenting it.

Honored Contributor

Love the pieces I have.  Also love other brand pieces I have, no matter the brand.  Ugly is in the eye of the beholder ... just as beauty is.  Who are you to judge what others see? 

The joy of life ... enjoy yours and appeciate others enjoying theirs.  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

People buy them because they like them.  If you don't like them, don't buy them.  

Honored Contributor

I really hate to see posters put down something they know many others really love.....and then ask them why?????  If you don't like them, no need to put them down so pointedly.  I know we all have the right to our opinions but just hate to see others' tastes insulted.

Esteemed Contributor

Looking at my Temp-tations bakers brings me joy - not to the degree that my grandchildren do or even a successful day at work does; but the sort of joy I have looking at a beautiful painting or flower. or a cozy fireplace. My Temp-tations pieces have held up over the years. They are a pretty good price for decorated stoneware. I stack the graduated oval bakers on my kitchen table. Most of my guests comment on them almost as soon as they see them. But compliments are not required for my satisfaction with these bakers and serving bowls. They do their jobs every day.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

IF you actually cook at home..............you like them

IF you do fast food or eat out.............you won't

IF you have glass front cabinets where the contents of the cabinet can be seen.............you like them

IF you don't...............you won't

IF you have a  Mediterranean style home or Country style.................you like them

IF you don't..................you won't

that ought to be a starting place........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo