Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Someone said they are stoneware, does anyone know for sure if that's a fact?

I have their black bowls for Halloween and the cherry pie baking dish which is very cute, but they don't have the heft of stoneware.

No, it's not stoneware, and you're right, it doesn't have the heft.  For cheapo stoneware, there's the Pioneer Woman line at Wal Mart.  I mean the pie plates and baking sets, not the plates, batter bowls, cookie jars...etc.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Someone said they are stoneware, does anyone know for sure if that's a fact?

I have their black bowls for Halloween and the cherry pie baking dish which is very cute, but they don't have the heft of stoneware.

I'm not sure.  The ones I have seem a bit lighter in weight.  But they've worked out to be good buys for me. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Blahblahvampemer and @september !  

Honored Contributor

It is my understanding that it IS stoneware.  But all stoneware is not going to be equal, of course.    When somebody I knew purchased them what I saw was stoneware.  Just  not as heavy as something with higher quality manufacturing.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-rations dishes

[ Edited ]

I have a couple of the older pieces ---  a baker with a cardinal (cardinals have special meaning for my family), a snowman teapot, and another small baker.   I think the OLDER Temp-tation pieces were made with a better quality than her newer ones.  I only have these seasonal pieces never had a problem......I think some of the styles are cute.

What made me a non-fan is that I have a friend that bought a dinnerware set and the quality was awful---there was an actual thumbprint baked into one of the dinner plates, and crazing on another, a mug also had crazing.  When she called QVC she was told that she'd have to return the entire set, QVC could not replace just a couple of defective pieces...or they said she could try calling Tara's company to see about replacements since she did have a warranty.  She called the company and they told her that they could indeed replace the items, however, she would have to pay for shipping....My friend said why did SHE have to pay for shipping when the items were DEFECTIVE.....and the CS rep said rudely that is what she would have to do....My friend told the Rep that she would just send the entire set back for a refund!!!  She then called QVC and told them about the defective pieces in her set, QVC's CS sent her a label so she wouldn't have to pay return postage for defective merchandise, and then she had USPS pick it up and back it went to QVC.....Not very good customer service from Temp-tations!!!  After hearing of my friend's experience I never purchased Temp-tations again, and have read of similar bad CS and qualiy experiences from other customers too....  Instead of expanding her line, perhaps Tara needs to take a step back and work on her quality and CS....

If you enjoy this line and have had good luck with it, then enjoy your purchases! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”

I bought a set for my son, sister and I.  All of us have experienced crackling of the finish on the inside of the baking dishes and my sons laquer finish came off in the corners of his cake pan, The company replaced right away but it cost $10 for shipping.  A person could just buy a new set if you had 4 or 5 pc replaced. I'm very disappointed.  Anyone else have this problem?

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

First of all, the proper place to put this post would have been in 'kitchen' or in 'Temp-tations', so before you get all wound up insulting the choices/decisions of others, think about the fact that you couldn't even pick a proper forum for your insulting and baiting post.

Then, consider the fact that ugly is in the eye of the beholder ('nuff said). I'm sure there is someone who might find things you own to be gaudy and cheezy. Wouldn't it be lovely of them to tell you so?

Why do people want anything? They want it because the like it, because they enjoy having/using it. They want it because they find it pretty or useful or comforting or inspiring?

If you truly wanted an answer to 'where do you put them all' or 'what's the popularity of these about' you'd have asked those things, and left out all the baiting insults. 

@Mominohio~~~Bravo!  There were a lot of great responses to this insulting, baiting post, but you said it best. 

I have the polka dot dinnerware set and bakeware from long ago. I use them every day and have never had any problems with cracking, chipping, etc. I see nothing gaudy or cheesy about them and I live in a traditional style house, not country, NTTIAWWT. 

I have a background in psychology, but you don't even need that to figure out why the OP posts the things she does. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-rations dishes

[ Edited ]

I sorted out all my sets of Temptations --sold excess pieces at yard sale. 

I have over 2 years collected many beautiful pieces in various colors of fiesta. I've baked and served in them....not one chip (like I get in my TemptTions when they gently hit the counter or bang in dishwasher). 

When end I entertain I enjoy mixing and matching all the pieces of both. Just picked up at yard sale oval small serving plate in lime (fiesta) for $5. Got sugar & creamer (light yellow) for $7.

Wish I had a bakers rack then I could display all my beautiful orig old world blue & yellow pieces. 

My my most recent purchase was the temptations batter bowls love them!!! I also have the concentric FL blue bowls.

Respected Contributor

I have a few pieces, but am not a collector.

They have served me well. No chips or cracks. Maybe if I were a more regular cook, I'd need something more expensive, but these work, store and wash up easily. No need for more than that for me!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I really hate to see posters put down something they know many others really love.....and then ask them why?????  If you don't like them, no need to put them down so pointedly.  I know we all have the right to our opinions but just hate to see others' tastes insulted.

That poster is an odd-duck! She's just baiting. : (

F/N/A luvstogarden