Honored Contributor

Teacher surprises Mom of dying child that she's an organ donor match!

A real good, feel good moment ! Gave me goosebumps!

A heartwarming video shows a woman learning that her dying daughter's teacher will donate a kidney in bid to save the four-year-old girl's life.

Dena Carreyn from Wisconsin posted a video on Facebook last week which shows her finding out that Beth Battista will be a donor for her daughter Lyla.

Carreyn said on the social media website September 15: 'Last Friday, I was called into Lyla's school, Kids Express Learning Center. I was told a new teacher was starting, and I needed to meet with her.

This is the message mother Dena Carreyn received, revealing her daughter has a kidney donor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3805049/Pre-school-teacher-surprises-mother-4-year-old-girl-...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Teacher surprises Mom of dying child that she's an organ donor match!

My utmost respect and appreciation to all organ donors!

Bravo.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

What a wonderful story!  I find it hard to believe all people aren't signed up to be donors! I bet they would accept an organ if they needed one!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

That is such a heartwarming story......love it thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

What a wonderful story!  I find it hard to believe all people aren't signed up to be donors! I bet they would accept an organ if they needed one!

You would lose that bet. I want no part of it. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

You would lose that bet. I want no part of it. 

@occasionalrain You're not an organ donor? (no snark intended)

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

No, I'm not a donor nor are any of my family members. I find harvesting body parts distasteful. Nothing to do with religion, I'm  Anglican, the everything in moderation religion.

Regular Contributor

This is truly a wonderful story.  While I believe in being an organ donor, I think it is a very personal thing.  I know it isn't for everyone, but I am of the opinion that when I go, whatever they can harvest and give to someone else, then that is great with me.  I hope this doesn't sound ghoulish, I sure don't mean for it to.  My poor old body isn't in great shape and I am diabetic, so I know that my organs are being beaten up on a daily basis.  That being said, if anything of mine can be put to use for someone else, even if it is only temporary, then so be it.  Not trying to be a martyr here, this is just my own personal belief.  It is a very distasteful subject when a loved one is not going to make it and someone brooches this subject, however, if someone's life can be saved, then I am all for it.  AGAIN, this is just me.  This topic is not a popular one, that is for sure.  I take my hat off to those who are donors and respect the opinions of those who would want no part of this. 

Honored Contributor

I love this story. I am not yet signed up as an organ donor, but have been discussing it, and also to donating my body to science when I die, with my doctor. Although I have doubts that much of my organs/body will be of use to anyone, doctor assures me that is not true, and is encouraging me to follow through on this. I had planned on cremation anyway, so why not do some good for others instead.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1 wrote:
I love this story. I am not yet signed up as an organ donor, but have been discussing it, and also to donating my body to science when I die, with my doctor. Although I have doubts that much of my organs/body will be of use to anyone, doctor assures me that is not true, and is encouraging me to follow through on this. I had planned on cremation anyway, so why not do some good for others instead.
HUH?  Instead?   They take your organs first and then you can be cremated.  It's not an either or.  
I'm an organ donor but am not donating my body to science.  I hope that any organs I have can help someone but the thought of what may go on when you donate your body creeps me out.   Not sure why, but it does so that's a no go.
This is a wonderful thing for her teacher to do.