Respected Contributor

Re: Tattoo Inks and Cancer Link

@colliegirls wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

The people who think tattoos are ugly are able to express their feelings just as people can who think they are beautiful.

There are some things people don't say out of courtesy.

With that type of thinking people would call those who are fat, slim, short, tall, flat-chested, well-endowed, etc. ugly only because they have the right to "express their feelings".

We all have a different sense of aesthetics yet we don't insult when someone doesn't fit into our tiny box of what we think is beautiful. 

We are entitled to our TINY BOX, just as you obviously are.  

You completely missed the point. I didn't say you weren't entitled to your "tiny box". My post is about sitting on hands (or keeping mouth closed) vs insulting others over a perceived notion of beauty.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

The people who think tattoos are ugly are able to express their feelings just as people can who think they are beautiful.

With that type of thinking people would call those who are fat, slim, short, tall, flat-chested, well-endowed, etc. ugly only because they have the right to "express their feelings".

We all have a different sense of aesthetics yet we don't insult when someone doesn't fit into our tiny box of what we think is beautiful. 

You completely missed the point. I didn't say you weren't entitled to your "tiny box". My post is about sitting on hands (or keeping mouth closed) vs insulting others over a perceived notion of beauty.

This is a forum, not a face to face encounter.  Some people hate tattoos, others love them. PERIOD.

Honored Contributor

Yes @colliegirls. Since we don't see each other face to face on here, we have the right to be as nasty as we want. RIGHT!!! PERIOD!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

This is a forum, not a face to face encounter.  Some people hate tattoos, others love them. PERIOD.

Your post speaks volumes about you.

Courtesy is courtesy both on the boards and face to face.

BTW making your font bigger and coloring it purple does not elevate your statement. It's something a kid would do.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

We aren't saying you look ugly without tattoos. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Yes @colliegirls. Since we don't see each other face to face on here, we have the right to be as nasty as we want. RIGHT!!! PERIOD!!!!!

I think there have been many articles posted in the forum about this. lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Any time the subject of tats come up people seem to love telling other people they are offensive.

Well, life is short and I truly wish that I had done lots of things that I worried others would judge me for.

If someone wants to adorn themselves with a tat I say go for it. It's no one's business but your own. And as far as the dyes being dangerous....doesn't just about everything in life have a side effect??

Live life and enjoy and drown out the naysayers. When you get to the end of your life, you will look back on the journey and the things you will regret are those that you didn't do and really should have. Enjoy....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

Certain food coloring dyes are banned in Europe but not in the U.S. .... most dyes are petroleum-based and therefore carcinogenic.   Tattoo ink appears to be extra saturated .... I would rethink before getting 'inked.'

Source that petroleum based equals carcinogenic. We use literally thousands of petroleum based products daily. Just give me the source for this statement backed up by science. And nothing from natural news .com either. I just reread and I wanted to clarify. Don't mean to sound rude about natural news it is just they still use Andrew Wakefields studies concerning vaccines and autism so it is hard to take them seriously. I have also read some nonsense there that HIV and Aids doesn't exist and microwaves changing the molecular structure of food. It is hard to believe anything else they say when they are so wrong concerning these things.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I am just rolling with laughter while reading this thread. THANK YOU ALL because my son has had a very bad day and I needed the chuckle.  HUGS to everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

In general:  We are surrounded by toxic items, all around us.  Almost everything we touch.  On Dr. Oz Show or The Doctors (I believe it was Dr. Oz Show) this week they were talking about formaldehyde in some laminate flooring, and suggested excellent alternatives that aren't toxic, or are more natural.  You might want to check out that episode.  Anyway, since we are surrounded by toxic items, it is no wonder why so many are ill, in one degree or another.  Allergies, etc. and worse.   Re: tattoos: Its probably a good idea to do a bit of research, finding the inks/dyes that are more natural (if available).  Check out the international suggestions.  Otherwise, I'm always wishing all of us much needed good luck. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).