Super Contributor

Re: Tara and Johnny, Ice Skating Commentary

Johnny mentioned he lived in Russia for some time. I know his husband is Russian but they just married in December, I think, and he is a Georgetown Law graduate so I'm not sure if they met there or in the states.

He is going to be subject of a longer interview this evening on Access Hollywood. Smile

I wonder how long time commentators Sandra, Tracy, and Scott feel about the sensation that Tara and Johnny have become.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/17/2014 Linders Back said:

Johnny mentioned he lived in Russia for some time. I know his husband is Russian but they just married in December, I think, and he is a Georgetown Law graduate so I'm not sure if they met there or in the states.

He is going to be subject of a longer interview this evening on Access Hollywood. Smile

I wonder how long time commentators Sandra, Tracy, and Scott feel about the sensation that Tara and Johnny have become.

There was a time Johnny talked about giving up his US citizenship and skate for Russia.

Johnny's husband was born in Russia but went to high school and college n Georgia (the state, not country)

This is from an interview with Johnny before their wedding.

"He’s wonderful. He’s totally not in my field at all. He didn’t even know I was a figure skater when we first met or even when we reconnected. He is Russian. He worked in [New York City] for a long time, and then he went back to Atlanta to do work for his family, and in a couple of weeks he’s moving back up to New York. He’s a lawyer. He’s in the legal field, completely separate from all of my razzle dazzle.”

I read an interview before the Olympics where Johnny was asked if his husband was going to Sochi with him. He said no, he didn't want to stir the pot.

Super Contributor

I am really angry! My local station preempted Access Hollywood for their local Olympic show. (SO i guess I'll just watch Jeopardy) I really wanted to see the entire interview with Johnny and Billy Bush. Hopefully it will show up online somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I loved them as skaters and now love them as commentators ! Such a terrific job, professional, informative, funny and visually so pleasing. I love JW, his personality is infectious, love his outfits. And I am so happy for him now knowing that he is in love and happily married. And also I like Billy Bush's reports. He is so funny and a class act, always friendly and down to earth.
Super Contributor

More Tara & Johnny this morning. The ladies' short program starts at 10am ET on NBCSN. Next to the ice dancing, the ladies is my favorite ice skating competition. Looking forward to more T&J commentary and fashion. Smile

Super Contributor

Be sure to watch the Gala tonight as Johnny and Tara will be doing the Primetime commentary for it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It will be nice for all who have missed them during the days to get to hear them tonight. (Wonder how Scott, Tracy, and Sandra feel?)

And Johnny has promised they will be "dressed for the event". They've been saving the best for last although after seeing them with Bob Costas last night when they announced this, I can't imagine how he'll top that outfit.

Just read a comment that he was bringing "Capitol fashion to the Olympics". Not, that Capitol ... the one in The Hunger Games! Wink

Honored Contributor

I have enjoyed the Queen of figure skating's commentary each night....and Tara has done an excellent job as well!

Super Contributor

Wish they were doing the commentary for the closing ceremonies.