Honored Contributor

Re: Tara and Johnny, Ice Skating Commentary

Love listening to Tara and Johnny.

I much prefer them to the primetime commentators.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

On 2/16/2014 dmod nj said:

Love listening to Tara and Johnny.

I much prefer them to the primetime commentators.

It is weird to listen to them in prime time and know it is not live. So they watched it earlier on tape, then give their commentary. It is so much better when it is Johnny and Tara and they do it live. Not sure why they don't use the Johnny/Tara commentary for prime time.

Super Contributor

I also don't know why they think they need different announcers for prime time when they could just replay the early edition. But usually Scott does the evening with Sandra. Did they mention where Scott is?

I think I find her especially annoying for the dance this evening because the music has lyrics. When the single and pairs skate to just music, you don't notice her chatter as much, but her talking over the singing really grates.

Super Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Linders Back said:

I also don't know why they think they need different announcers for prime time when they could just replay the early edition. But usually Scott does the evening with Sandra. Did they mention where Scott is?

I think I find her especially annoying for the dance this evening because the music has lyrics. When the single and pairs skate to just music, you don't notice her chatter as much, but her talking over the singing really grates.

I agree with you Linders... she just does not shut up, and she talks over the music. I don't know where Scott is, but at least he is sensible.

Trusted Contributor

Tonight it is Tracy Wilson doing the commentating. She was a Canadian ice dancer. I'd rather hear Tanith Belbin, who is also covering the Olympics for NBC. Maybe because she is Charlie White's long time girlfriend, it's a conflict of interest.

If you follow ice dancing Tracy Wilson skated with Rob McCall.

Super Contributor

Side note: I find it interesting that so many dance teams from all over the world dance to "New York, NY", "42nd Street" (at least 2 couples so far today), and other American show tunes. Isn't there any international quick step and Foxtrot music?

Super Contributor

Side note: I find it interesting that so many dance teams from all over the world dance to "New York, NY", "42nd Street" (at least 2 couples so far today), and other American show tunes. Isn't there any international quick step and Foxtrot music?

Interesting observation Linders, perhaps because so much of American music is iconic.

Yaaayyyyy Meryl & Charlie!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Guess I know where I'll be and what I'll be doing tomorrow morning. Breakfast with Tara and Johnny rooting for Meryl and Charlie.

Super Contributor

Guess I know where I'll be and what I'll be doing tomorrow morning. Breakfast with Tara and Johnny rooting for Meryl and Charlie.

I'll join you!!!

Honored Contributor

I thought that Sandra was bad but Tracy is a thousand times worse. Why can't she just allow us to enjoy the performance without her prattle. Muting isn't an option since the music matters but I considered it anyway.