Valued Contributor

TSVs and OTOs are losing their power

QVC has changed its marketing and now has One Time Onlys often throughout the day, sometimes as many as 2 or 3 in a show.  And this past week there were so many "TSVs" shown on the home page.  They are losing their punch as the great buys they once were.They have become just a sale priced item,  or in reality, a product QVC bought lots of and now is peddling them under the guise of something special. 

I used to wait in anticipation of the TSV; and now, I hardly pay any attention.  Same with OTO's.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSVs and OTOs are losing their power

They usually are only a few dollars less than the regular price anyway, so no particular bargain either.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I used to find the TSV's fun in the past but not so now.  Seems things are featured for the 20-40 crowd and I'm not into the things that are important to them.  I've gone past all that and left it behind. 

I find the Lunchtime Specials unloading a lot of Zonks and White Elephants.  That area needs to be studied and whomever is buying the junk in the first place needs to do reality studies on the consumer markets want's and needs. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I agree.  They have changed the definition of both TSVs and OTOs.  But, I guess that is their perogative. I wonder if they are gradually going to something else entirely.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York