Honored Contributor

Re: TO. COUNT. OR. NOT. TO COUNT.....THAT's the QUESTION

Love how if it was over the stated amount, we don't say anything....

but if it's under, watch out...all h*ll is breakin' loose. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

I really don't know what prompted it, but I'm now in the habit of counting pills each time I have a prescription filled.

To date, I have never found the bottle to be short, but three times there were more pills inside than stated.

I have never reported this to the Pharmacy.   Woman LOL

Would you report if it was under???

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

To date, I have never found the bottle to be short, but three times there were more pills inside than stated.

I have never reported this to the Pharmacy. 

Eeps!  

Psssst.....that's something I wouldn't be proud of.

Under, Over....errors need to be reported to the Pharmacy. 

That's what honest people do.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

I really don't know what prompted it, but I'm now in the habit of counting pills each time I have a prescription filled.

I have never reported this to the Pharmacy.   Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  Have you figured out what you're supposed to do when you get broken halves?   My mail order pharmacy,  Caremark (CVS)  is bad about including those.   I sent them a MSg telling them I was going to report them to state pharmacy board but it didn't help. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

Eeps!  

@sidsmom

That's what "honest" people do?   For one pill?   Please!

Actually I did mention it to one of the pharmacy reps the next time I was in and she said to just forget it, no big deal.   Hadn't remembered it until this conversation got going.   To her, it was a non-issue.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

Eeps!  

@sidsmom

Actually I did mention it to one of the pharmacy reps the next time I was in and she said to just forget it, no big deal.   Hadn't remembered it until this conversation got going.   To her, it was a non-issue.

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/50759/pain/chronic-pain/pharmacist-gave-me-too-many-med...

A quick Google search...found this discussion.  Brings up the point I was making.   Another note, pharmacies are audited just like any other business.  If 300 customers were shorted one pill each, the pharmacy is now down 300 pills...and a chunk of change.  

All these errors, no matter how minute some people think they are, add up to higher costs & filter down to the insurer.  If it was, say $10 per pill, someone has to pay for it. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

Eeps!  

@sidsmom

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/50759/pain/chronic-pain/pharmacist-gave-me-too-many-med...

A quick Google search...found this discussion.  Brings up the point I was making.   Another note, pharmacies are audited just like any other business.  If 300 customers were shorted one pill each, the pharmacy is now down 300 pills...and a chunk of change.  

All these errors, no matter how minute some people think they are, add up to higher costs & filter down to the insurer.  If it was, say $10 per pill, someone has to pay for it. 

@sidsmom  Since the drug companies are royally screwing us anyway,  I would lose any sleep over a pill or two.   If you want to pace the floor worrying about this issue,  be my guest. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@jlkz

Eeps!  

@sidsmom

@sidsmom  Since the drug companies are royally screwing us anyway,  I would lose any sleep over a pill or two.   If you want to pace the floor worrying about this issue,  be my guest. 

That's fine--so if the IRS shorts you a few bucks next spring on your refund, don't sweat it either huh?

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, so the pharmacy gave her ONE PILL too many.

What would you have the pharmacy do, take that one pill back?

Or, perhaps short her one pill on her next refill, in order to even things out?

Was she supposed to mail the one pill to the president of the pharmacy, demanding that they what, charge her for that one pill?

What exactly would you have her do?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Okay, so the pharmacy gave her ONE PILL too many.

What would you have the pharmacy do, take that one pill back?

Or, perhaps short her one pill on her next refill, in order to even things out?

Was she supposed to mail the one pill to the president of the pharmacy, demanding that they what, charge her for that one pill?

What exactly would you have her do?

1.  Call the pharmacy

2.  Talk directly to the pharmacist on duty, not the cashiers answering

3.  They should alter the next prescription less 1 tablet

Prescriptions are like School Snow Days.

Miss a day, you have to make it up.

Like I mentioned upthread, multiply 1 pill by 300 people...and someone's job might be on the line.  If the pharmacist scr*ws up the quantity, what else are they lax on? Once, ok; twice, hummm; 3 times, I would change my pharmacy.  

Morally, ethically, Karma...whatever you call it...it's the right thing to do.  If I have to keep explaining, that speaks volumes, as well.