Honored Contributor

Re: THOSE robo calls are starting up

itsmagic wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I have AT&T for my landline and I was able to sign up for no more robo. Must be not all AT&T lines can sign up. 

If you have ATT Uverse, it is compatible, but just the regular old ATT landline service is not compatible. 

I had Uverse for a while for my internet and landline, so I was able to enjoy nomorobo during that time with my landline.  But the service with Uverse, both landline and internet, was just so awful that I switched both to Charter (our cable company).

Loving having Charter, not just for cable tv, but internet and phone but, sadly, it's not compatible with nomorobo.  I weighed it out and moving from Uverse was still worth it, and this from somebody who HATES telemarketing to the nth degree times infinity!  

Honored Contributor

From now until after the election will be torture.Unfortunately we have to have our landline phone in florida as that is how we operate the gates to our plan.

Honored Contributor

I've gotten 3 of those IRS threat calls so far this week.  Two from the Chicago area and one showing as cell phone.  Honestly, do they really expect me to believe that IRS is leaving me a VOICE message warning about IRS law suits against me?????  Thankfully, I have caller ID and call block ability.  But they must gt some people to bite, sadly.

Esteemed Contributor

This is but one reason as to why I use my cell phone as my primary phone.

Honored Contributor

I got rid of my land line a few years ago.  I still get some on my cell phone but not nearly as many as I used to.   With  my cell, I just block the number if it's a robocall and they can't call back.  

Regular Contributor

I am a Time Warner customer and they have set up a system called "Peace & Quiet" that blocks robo calls, calls that come in as private no. plus you can block any no. that you request.

you can call TW and they will set it up for you and they will tell you how to do it yourself on the computer.  It REALLY works.

Honored Contributor

We haven't had a landline in years.  We don't answer our cell phones unless we know who is calling. 

Everyone in my contact list has his/her own distinct ring tone so I don't even look at my cell when it rings with the standard tone.Smiley Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I have gotten several IRS calls, they come thou even with the nomorobo activated, I have also gotten several with local numbers about the warranty on my Honda Civic, but I suspect they are from India

@Krimpette wrote:

I've gotten 3 of those IRS threat calls so far this week.  Two from the Chicago area and one showing as cell phone.  Honestly, do they really expect me to believe that IRS is leaving me a VOICE message warning about IRS law suits against me?????  Thankfully, I have caller ID and call block ability.  But they must gt some people to bite, sadly.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Not at my house thank goodness!

We bought the 'Call Blocker' about 6 months ago and that thing is fantastic!

It's made by Digitone and was the highest rated call blocker according to a Consumers Report study.

Nomorerobo isn't available in my area. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I have AT&T for my landline and I was able to sign up for no more robo. Must be not all AT&T lines can sign up. 

I have my landline with AT&T too, but no more robo is not available in my area.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.