Respected Contributor

Re: THESE TWO-HOUR SHOWS ARE KILLING ME !!

@JAXS Mom wrote:

If you think the programming is too repetitive you are watching too much QVC. It's that simple. It doesn't matter if it's your local deptartment store or an online shopping channel, any business can only present and warehouse so much inventory. QVC isn't designed for the person watching TV 24/7. 

I just love these type of replies!  We are just too stupid to be watching so much of QVC or whatever!!!!

If people don't watch (for ANY reason), then they probably aren't buying either.  I tune in less because I am BORED with all the Christmas talk since June, for heaven's sake.  I feel like Christmas should be OVER WITH by now.

I watch way less and I buy way less. Programming boring means less watching.  So, perhaps QVC capitalizes on newer viewers, because the rest of us are BORED.  I think it's foolish to ever lose a customer, but it's not my area of expertise either.

I'm bored with most of the programming and the constant push to Christmas.  So, I seldom watch anymore.  If that's okay with a business, then they're doing a fabulous job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

When I see comments like these, the first thought that crosses my mind is that people forget that QVC is a business.

QVC exists to sell items and make money, and of course, QVC focuses on selling items which maximizes profits.  These items are put in regular rotation as QVC is broadcast across multiple time zones to millions of homes.  People tune in at varying times throughout the day/week/month.  Most shoppers do not sit and watch for hours on end.

QVC exists to make money. Its goals are profits.  It does not exist to alleviate our boredome.

If you are bored with what is on the air, turn the channel.  Do something productive.  You do not have to sit and watch all the time.

The Q's publicity tells us 90% of their sales are to the same old loyal customers. They are showing "lazy programming" to their 90% of same old customers, and they're sick of seeing the same old things all day long. 

Trusted Contributor

SILLY GIRLS, The whole problem is you have NOT purchased 1 of each item for the Babysitter,Mailman,Hairdresser,ETC.   If everyone properly purchased everything, for everyone, QVC would HAVE TO order new merchandise!!!!  GET BUSY<GET SHOPPIN'.------------tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends if you enjoy the shows or not. An example for me would be that I love Philosophy. I can never get enough of the shows around the holiday time.  I obviously can't watch all of the shows, I do have to work, life, etc. I  record the shows and watch them later.  I do the same with Korres, and Perlier from HSN ..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Hi redhead87,

That is why I like Electronic Shows on the other shopping network channels. I am into electronics and have been as far back as I can remember(can you say the 1950's).

With the technology where it is today, ain't no way any presentation on any complex electronic device can be shown all it's features/what they do/how to operate them, in 2 hours.

I have called 2 of the shopping networks to tell them that their presentations were "false representations" of what they were saying about certain electronic devices. I know because 1 of them is exactly the brand and type I was shopping for, and just purchased a little over a week ago. Haven't got it yet as I am waiting till my wife is further along in her recovery.

Now their "electronic experts" were saying things that were not quite true. In the political arena they like to use the word "misspoke", where I use the word lied. In these cases I don't know what their reasons were, but I can tell you, the facts they were giving were not 100% true.

As far as jewelry/clothes and other things?  I can't judge them as I don't know enough about clothes or jewelry to say much. Not in my expertise realm for sure.

Thanks for your input John, we always welcome your comments. I understand what you are saying, and I think you are so cool for pointing out this problem to the station, keep 'em straight fella! I personally don't watch the electronics shows because I do not have the need, but I do agree on those diverse products they do need the ample time.

BTW, as long as I'm speaking directly to you, I wish you and

your precious wife great holidays, good health, and an exciting new year!

I hope you and Cindy are both well now.

Trusted Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@redhead65

Regardless of your angst, QVC will present that which they are contracted to sell and that which "sells."

Though it may not be to your liking, there are so my other channel offerings plus literally hundreds of activities which might benefit you.

I firmly believe we must take a good hard look at why some viewers are so vested in watching QVC.  By this, I mean that if one's concern is so great as to bring one to complaining that the programming NEEDS to change, it might be a good idea to take a look as to why QVC is so important to ones every day existence, because this is how it's coming off.

QVC is just a television vendor intent on selling you as much merchandise as possible. If ones life revolves around QVC to such an extent that one gets this upset, it might be time to re-evaluate things, big time.

Well, you've got me pegged all wrong! I don't keep QVC on but I do check it to see if something I require is available. My "rant" is in support of their "lazy" programming and the grief of others I've read about repeatedly. But I don't enjoy long and boring programs on any TV show. I check in more now to complete my Christmas shopping.

I think the Q is not thinking of the very long-term consumers but expect most sales out of new business.

I don't need to be informed that I can do something else. Believe me, my life is way to busy for me to devote any length of time on any TV, but if I am on my desktop at times and nothing good is on, I will tune in to the Q.

Occasional Contributor

I do not like when they devote a whole hour to one product ie vitamix/

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I know I am far from the first person who complains, but these long , drawn out two hour shows of so many products are driving me nuts ! Can't watch them much anymore. Dooney and Bourke, Philosophy, Isaac Mizrahi, Clarks and Vionics, plus all of the many others are insane ! I know QVC wants to increase sales, but these shows are on too often and usually with the very same products in the same color !!! Handbags, shoes, Breezies, Temp-Tations. furry blankets, electronics, etc., etc !

I t would be such a blessing if they would add more and new products to their daily programs and stop repeating the same thing. Don't you know the hosts get tired of thinking of sales pitches over and over on the same items as well?  I think that is why they go off on subjects about themselves, family, trips, experiences, etc., They probably just get sick of the time spent repeating the same things or having to get more creative.

Haven't we all learned their spiels by now ??

I know you probably join me and others in desiring new products, greater variety and more frequent new vendors and products.

We need another 50-in-50 tour !

Do you see any results from the "Sprouts" program thing ? I don't.

Obviously I needed to get this off my chest Woman Frustrated so thanks for tolerating me and my rant for today !

Have a wonderful day, or night!

Blessings.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think that many of the QVC 'oldtimers' remember when you HAD to watch all day because they would show new products that would sell out quickly. 

I know that was my Mothers thinking......

I don't know of any TSV that has totally sold out lately.....