Honored Contributor

Some one found this "fancy" word and now its the new buzz word for meat/veggie tray, or any other kind of tray.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@just bee  I'll have a glass of that Montepulciano please

@Teddixat 

Just one? Woman Wink

I will have three glasses. The way my week has gone I might want the whole bottle. Lol

@Calcgirl 

Sounds like we had the same week! Woman LOL

Come on over and I will buy a bottle of wine and make a Charcuterie ( even if I cant pronounce it) lol. I live in Az

@Calcgirl 

Howdy, neighbor! Woman LOL

Howdy Just Bee,

I live in the East Valley Smiley Happy, Can you believe this heat? Next weekend is going to be 116 degrees!!!!   I have lived here for 50 plus years and I never remember the high heat lasting this long.

@Calcgirl 

We lived in Prescott when I was ten.  Had relatives in Tempe and Phoenix.

Now I'm next-door in Albuquerque.  It's been a hot summer, but not as hot as yours. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@SouthernBee  shar-koot- er- ee Ha!Woman Very HappyWoman Wink

🤣😂😹

Esteemed Contributor

@ManyMeows wrote:

😁😁😁  I'm guessing that "Charcuterie" is somewhere between $50-100 more, depending upon where you shop, or where you order. Add an additional $25 if someone else is preparing/arranging the board.

In Little Italy, we simply refer to it as the "Italian Deli Tray." And, we do the arranging artistically with our own sweet little Italian hands. We prefer to serve it with freshly baked classic Italian sandwich rolls.

@ManyMeows   now that's what I call a "deli tray".   My grandmother back when used to make what they now call charcuterie boards every Sunday when the whole family gathered at there house!  Of course among other yummy eats !   Italians know food 🍞🥖🍝

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

In my family,a wooden board with Italian meat, cheese, olives and goodies on it is called a antipasto platter.

Never heard it called an Italian deli platter.  

@Carmie   Yes antipasto !   Whenever we ear out at our favorite Neighborhood Italian restaurant we start with the Antipasto.  I will say my Italian grandparents did call it back in the day deli platter .   Maybe it was just my family .   Always included fresh baked Italian bread , various olives and prosciutto and long hot peppers.

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

In my family,a wooden board with Italian meat, cheese, olives and goodies on it is called a antipasto platter.

@Carmie 

Charcuterie...

Charcuterie Board | The Most Popular Recipes of 2020 | POPSUGAR Food Photo 4

Antipasto...

How to Assemble an Antipasto Platter

My mother's family is Italian and it was always antipasto.  But I'll eat both no matter what it's called.  Put out an olive and I'm all over it. Heart

Keto Italian Antipasti Platter - Keto Cooking Christian

if this doesn't make one hungry nothing will !  I could eat ......especially that first one ! Manga!

Honored Contributor
Didn’t like it when it was called a deli tray. Don’t like it now. 🤣
Honored Contributor

I call it appetizers.  Mine is just veggies and olives on a favorite divided dish.  My neighbor's is a long hand fashioned tree limb, planed flat and sanded and sealed, maybe 18 inches long.  

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@just bee  I'll have a glass of that Montepulciano please

@Teddixat 

Just one? Woman Wink

I will have three glasses. The way my week has gone I might want the whole bottle. Lol

@Calcgirl 

Sounds like we had the same week! Woman LOL

Come on over and I will buy a bottle of wine and make a Charcuterie ( even if I cant pronounce it) lol. I live in Az

@Calcgirl 

Howdy, neighbor! Woman LOL

Howdy Just Bee,

I live in the East Valley Smiley Happy, Can you believe this heat? Next weekend is going to be 116 degrees!!!!   I have lived here for 50 plus years and I never remember the high heat lasting this long.

@Calcgirl 

We lived in Prescott when I was ten.  Had relatives in Tempe and Phoenix.

Now I'm next-door in Albuquerque.  It's been a hot summer, but not as hot as yours. Heart

We took a 4000 mile road trip from Az to south Dakota and back traveling through NM, Colo, Wy, NE ( where my boyfriends from) and SD. We stayed one night in your city, and Sante Fe.  Loved all of the places we got to see. We do have a beautiful country.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie 

Charcuterie...

Charcuterie Board | The Most Popular Recipes of 2020 | POPSUGAR Food Photo 4

Antipasto...

How to Assemble an Antipasto Platter

My mother's family is Italian and it was always antipasto.  But I'll eat both no matter what it's called.  Put out an olive and I'm all over it. Heart

Keto Italian Antipasti Platter - Keto Cooking Christian

if this doesn't make one hungry nothing will !  I could eat ......especially that first one ! Manga!

These look delicious! I love any food Italian!  When my daughter and I went to italy I was in Heaven.