Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I happened to have close captioning on during the half time show and usually I can't understand a word of lyrics from most of these people's songs anyway. When Beyonce started singing her "song", the lyrics were controversial and if it were a caucasian singer singing those words,  they would have been called out for it.  This double standard on both sides is sickening. 

She's getting called out for that stupidity. 

Respected Contributor

I loved that half time show! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Super Bowl 50 Halftime

[ Edited ]

B's performance was ok...nothing great.

What's with those same, ugly swimsuit-style outfits she seems to favor? No one wants to see her big thighs/legs...the same with her butt hanging out. She should get some nicer outifts that cover up a little more.

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

What's with those same, ugly swimsuit-style outfits she seems to favor? No one wants to see her big thighs/legs...the same with her butt hanging out. She should get some nicer outifts that cover up a little more.

@Daisy Sunflower  The base of her costume was basically what you'd see a ballerina wearing on stage in Swan Lake.  She was wearing stockings, leotard, and a leather jacket.  Her only exposed skin was on her hands, neck and face.  Considering she is a pop star and a sex symbol, I think she looked pretty modest.  Also, men find women with curves attractive. 

Respected Contributor

Did not like Cold Play or Beyonce's performance and the outfit she was wearing looked ridiculous and the camera angle didn't help her at all. 

Respected Contributor

I saw the video on another website.  Since I didn't watch the show, I don't know how close it came to that video.

If close at all, I don't understand the Super Bowl people allowing it.  Agendas should NOT be part of an event like the Super Bowl.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower  The base of her costume was basically what you'd see a ballerina wearing on stage in Swan Lake.  She was wearing stockings, leotard, and a leather jacket.  Her only exposed skin was on her hands, neck and face.  Considering she is a pop star and a sex symbol, I think she looked pretty modest.  Also, men find women with curves attractive. 

I agree with Daisy her outfit was ugly and her thighs unattractive plus that great big zipper disgusting.  

Respected Contributor

I didn't care for the halftime show worst one ever. I think they should have tried to get as many past performers to entertain us Now that would have been fabulous!

Good thing I love football. 

Congrats Broncos and Von Miller MVP Robot tongue

Honored Contributor

I watched online today.  I would think a lot of the TV viewing audience as well as those there in person enjoyed it.  It seems like I've seen Beyonce as well as Bruno Mars perform the same thing a number of times before. It's not my thing but I'm sure their fans loved it.

There was a lot of bouncing.

Trusted Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I agree with Daisy her outfit was ugly and her thighs unattractive plus that great big zipper disgusting.  

@truffle There's a difference between disliking someone's outfit and taking an opportunity to criticize another woman's appearance.  Body shaming is particularly unattractive when it is done by one woman to another.