Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've not read any of the other comments yet.

IMO this was 80% dreadful.  Coldplay to headline?  Come on. They had 1 hit song and it was bad.  And they were awful during this performance.

Bruno was spectactular.  Beyonce on her own wasn't my cup of tea but Bruno and Beyonce together were fantastic.  Coldplay was totally out of place when the 3 of them got together for the finale.  He looked lost and should have just left the stage.

Not one of the better halftime shows.

And I thought poor Chris looked like he was photobombing the other 2, when they were all 3 on stage at the end.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I happened to have close captioning on during the half time show and usually I can't understand a word of lyrics from most of these people's songs anyway. When Beyonce started singing her "song", the lyrics were controversial and if it were a caucasian singer singing those words,  they would have been called out for it.  This double standard on both sides is sickening. 

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I happened to have close captioning on during the half time show and usually I can't understand a word of lyrics from most of these people's songs anyway. When Beyonce started singing her "song", the lyrics were controversial and if it were a caucasian singer singing those words,  they would have been called out for it.  This double standard on both sides is sickening. 

We heard the lyrics too, and I totally agree with your statement...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Love Coldplay and Bruno Mars!  It was an ok halftime show.  The best part was the flashback--very nostagic and, I thought, a little sad since some of the past performers are gone.  In my opinion, they could have left out Beyonce and I would have been fine with that.  Why does she always only wear underwear--that act is old

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the minority here.  I tuned in to see Coldplay...a guilty pleasure of mine. 

As soon as Bruno hit the stage I was channel surfing until halftime was over.

Honored Contributor

This may have been covered before but does Bey own a pair of pants?  She looked ridiculous up there and almost fell on her rear end.

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Bowl 50 Halftime

[ Edited ]

For the 50th I'd of love to see some bigger names- several artists to honor 50 years..  Like Jagger, Springsteen, Aerosmith, Paul McCartney...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

Sir Paul would have been WONDERFUL! Elton John, Bruce Springsteen would not have been too shabby either! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Sir Paul would have been WONDERFUL! Elton John, Bruce Springsteen would not have been too shabby either! LOL!

I'll take the Boss - Bruce!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor
Can't stand whiney Coldplay.

Not a Beyonce fan. Get some pants woman!

Love Bruno Mars. Fun, upbeat music.

But overall thought it wasn't very good, minus Bruno.

Only happened to change the channel back as Bruno was singing then Beyonce came out. Bleh...