Respected Contributor

Bruno Mars killed it!!!!!   Love him.....such an entertainer!  B. should have kept her political statement out of the half-time show.....she should save it for her concerts where people know what they're getting into..........Coldplay??  How have they even made any money....they're awful.....jmo!!

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

IT was chaos.  All the lights, fireworks and different things going on just took the spotlight off the stars.  They could have had a bunch of no names performing.  I would prefer simple shows without all the chaos.  I would sooner see the headliners perform and not depend on theatrics.  

It's meant to be "chaotic" to rev up the crowd and that particular crowd enjoys chaos.  :-)    It's not the occasion for enjoying a concert.  

Bruno Mars was his usual terrific self.  Other than that, I don't care for techno pop or sex shows.  :-) 

Honored Contributor

I normally don't watch the Super Bowl or the halftime show so I didn't have many expectations to meet.

To be honest when I heard the mix of Cold Play, Bruno Mars and Beyonce I didn't quite know what to make of it but I thought it went great especially since it really embraced the past-present-future theme supplemented with those great clips from previous half time shows.

I thought Chris Martin was a delight to watch as he was obviously so thrilled to be there and Bruno Mars is always electrifying.  I guess some were disappointed in the show but I enjoyed it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I read Beyoncé is supposed to sing some controversial song at Halftime.

It will be the clean version

While wearing her blackpanther garb.

Honored Contributor

I've not read any of the other comments yet.

IMO this was 80% dreadful.  Coldplay to headline?  Come on. They had 1 hit song and it was bad.  And they were awful during this performance.

Bruno was spectactular.  Beyonce on her own wasn't my cup of tea but Bruno and Beyonce together were fantastic.  Coldplay was totally out of place when the 3 of them got together for the finale.  He looked lost and should have just left the stage.

Not one of the better halftime shows.

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Bowl 50 Halftime

[ Edited ]

Deleted, question was already answered in another post.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I read Beyoncé is supposed to sing some controversial song at Halftime.

It will be the clean version

While wearing her blackpanther garb.

As soon as she came out, I thought she was dressed on top very Michael Jackson. 

Respected Contributor

Enjoyed Cold Play-Chris Martin and Bruno Mars was adorable. I hope he performs every year. Bey with her typical tired old dance marching routine yawn.  Highlight was her almost falling on her royal B. Now that would of been something. Otherwise it was OK. 

Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

I thought Mariah Carey was performing at halftime. LOL

I just found out it will be Beyonce ! Her husband Jay Z sent

her 10,000 Roses ahead of her Super Bowl 50 performance

And that is beyond ridiculous.  Anything to make the news.  There are times even when you can do something, that doesn't mean you should.

Honored Contributor

I agree with everyone who said they were looking forward to Bruno Mars!!  Unfortunately, I only caught the last part of his performance, but even that was exciting.  He is the best all around stage performer since Michael Jackson.

Do not like Beyonce, never did, never will.  She is unbelievably overrated in both her professional and personal life.  And I've never heard a Coldplay performance, which I missed, so I can't comment on that.

Bruno . . . whole different story.  If I could drag this old body to a performance of his, it would be the entertainment thrill of my long life! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986