Super Contributor

Agree.

Trusted Contributor

It's hard to even criticize it, because I feel like they didn't even try.  It's like a kid handing in a blank piece of paper with his name on it to the teacher, calling it his homework, and expecting the teacher to grade it.  

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

This has got to be the worst halftime show I've ever seen.

It certainly didn't measure up to so many in the past. I think it was quite a flop.

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

It's hard to even criticize it, because I feel like they didn't even try.  It's like a kid handing in a blank piece of paper with his name on it to the teacher, calling it his homework, and expecting the teacher to grade it.  

I so agree with you on this point and the one about Gaga singing the Anthem. I can't believe there are people saying it was the best half time because like you, it was like they didn't even try. I would say it is very disappointing but I don't look to the Superbowl for entertainment at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

OK that was the best halftime show EVER!!!!    Amazing.   I wish I'd recorded it.  Do you know if it will be replayed on TV somewhere?   HOPE SO!!!    They were all fabulous.

youtube

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't like the half-time show---way too many people on and around the stage.....seemed more like the opening show at the Olympics......

Esteemed Contributor

Halftime was the best part of the entire game IMO.. lol. Loved Coldplay and Bruno. Beyonce, Eh.

(I am not a fan of football, my husband is a Bronco fan but doesnt always watch football b/c hes in bed early for work and not all Denver games are shown on the east coast. Tonight he stayed up and hes glad they won!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

IT was chaos.  All the lights, fireworks and different things going on just took the spotlight off the stars.  They could have had a bunch of no names performing.  I would prefer simple shows without all the chaos.  I would sooner see the headliners perform and not depend on theatrics.  

Honored Contributor

I thought the halftime show was OK.  I love Beyonce and Bruno Mars, but they were limited in what they brought to the overall performance.  Wouldn't know a Coldplay song to save my life, I thought he was charming, but that's it.  I enjoyed the ode to previous shows.  Certainly wasn't the best halftime show in my opinion -- I still LOVE the shows by Beyonce (2013), Bruno Mars (2014), Prince (2007), Bruce Springsteen (2009), and Michael Jackson (1993)!

Respected Contributor

Steven Tyler did a commercial during the game .... Too bad Aerosmith did not perform - they really would of shown those other performers about music.

-Texas Hill Country-