Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for lighter reading??

I totally get what you mean by "lighter reading". I highly recommend the Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr and the Dead-End Job Mystery Series by Elaine Viets. IMHO, you should read in order, but for me, these are my go-to books when I need exactly what your OP was referring to.

Valued Contributor

On 8/18/2014 Dusty1 said:

I have been reading a lot of YA books. Not as heavy on the gore or the s#x that is in a lot of adult fiction. The Hunger Games series, Cassandra Clare Mortal Instruments series, Becca Fitzpatrick Hush, Hush series, Ashes by Ilsa Bick, Kami Garcia, Melissa Marr, Lesley Livingston, Richelle Mead, Lisa McMann, Maggie Stiefvater...those are some that have been really good. Kelley Armstrong writes YA & adult & I like her. Patricia Briggs, Jeanine Frost & then Karen Marie Moning Fever series is a favorite or mine, my daughter's, my sister in law & my niece. Of course the Twilight series introduced YA books to me & while I know they are not great literature they were like crack when I started reading them! LOL I don't know why but I couldn't put them down until they were all read.

Adding Nora Roberts & Sandra Brown.

Thank u, Dusty, for all the recommendations.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Borntoshop-Going to look these up now--thank you.Smiley Happy