Super Contributor

Does any one else use their dryer to store things?  One day I discovered this really neat (but small) closet hiding in my bathroom, whewre my washer and dryer are stacked.  It's perfect for storing extra toilet paper and tissues.   Has anyone else found nifty unused storage (and what do you keep there)?

Honored Contributor

You didn't know the closet was there before you discovered it one day?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Sometimes, on a very temporary basis, I do put things inside my clothes dryer.  It's a quick place so stash some things away from my kitchen (laundry room right next to kitchen) for a short stay before finding places to put them.

I hate clutter.   I usually have a number of kitchen things in my oven also.   I have two microwave ovens and only use the one that is not built-in.  So I store a bunch of kitchen stuff in the built-in one.  I have vacuum sealing bags in there and some flat stuff like baking sheets, and a number of miscellaneous things in there.  It's always full.  Since it's black you don't see the cluttery look of a bunch of stuff crammed in there, so I like that very much.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not anymore, but I used to use my oven to store large Tupperware style containers as we had a very small kitchen at the time.  Unfortunately,more than once, I would forget that I had put the containers in there and would preheat the oven only to smell melting plastic!  Not cool, had to stop doing that!

Honored Contributor

Yes but not on purpose.

I forget the stuff is in there

I don't use my dryer often enough to think about it

@excpa

Honored Contributor

FastDogWalker2 wrote:

Not anymore, but I used to use my oven to store large Tupperware style containers as we had a very small kitchen at the time.  Unfortunately,more than once, I would forget that I had put the containers in there and would preheat the oven only to smell melting plastic!  Not cool, had to stop doing that!

Gack!  One time I emptied out the oven to use it and didn't see a timer (one of those old-timey ones that you wind up) in the back.   Started the oven and got that smell, only to find it pretty much dead in the back stuck beyond the end of the oven rack.  Oops!    I was bummed but glad that I can still get them at Amazon so I replace it with another black one.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't use my electric stove or oven.  I store all my pots & pans inside the oven. 

My large utensels are stored inside the broiler.

I purchased 2 burner hiders which leaves me w/a lot of counter space.

Counter top gadets I don't use daily I store on top of my kitchen cabinets.

Cat food & treats are on top of the fridge.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

Does any one else use their dryer to store things?  One day I discovered this really neat (but small) closet hiding in my bathroom, whewre my washer and dryer are stacked.  It's perfect for storing extra toilet paper and tissues.   Has anyone else found nifty unused storage (and what do you keep there)?

You discovered a closet?  Our fomer condo was smaller with less storage space, I don't cook often so I stored  pots and pans and cooking utensils in the oven. 

Honored Contributor

No. I use my dryer to dry clothes. If I kept things inside it, I would have to move them and find a new place for them whenever I did laundry, so might as well find a place for them when laundry isn't being done and leave them there.

Honored Contributor

No, I would find that really irritating.