Super Contributor

Re: Still Swooning over the Photo of Kurt Russell Smooching Goldie Hawn

I agree with wildcat fan. That photo looks staged to me and I never was a big fan of either one of them. Besides how much of a great relationship can it be when need to have your own separate living wings in you're probably already gigantic home. Plus if it's true that she gives him freedom to be with other women, no wonder the relationship works!
Honored Contributor

The picture is a good one because it doesn't show her face from the front.

Honored Contributor

I love all their works together or separate. They are so cute together and have made it all work well.  I wish they would do a sequel to Swing Shift which is where they fell in love working with each other.  I loved that movie.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Marriage was instituted way back when women needed a man to support them and men needed a housekeeper, cook and women to bear their children and they were a man's property.  That is not so today and something I never wanted!!  I have been with my SO for over 30 years and still going strong while most friends, coworkers and acquaintances have never had any marriage last that long.  With pre nups there is not the financial security or rights that were guaranteed in the past.  There are legal agreements for those not wanting to marry that can provide just as many securities, rights and even more in some cases!! 

Nope sorry, your theory is wrong. My dh and I have been together 44 years and married 39. I would NEVER only live with him for a lifetime. We are like peas and carrots and joined at the hip. Woman HappyHeartMan Happy

@ID2     @Pook     

What?   I have no idea how Pook's theory is wrong just because you have a long marriage.  

If that works for you, fine, but it doesn't mean that it would also work for everyone else.   It really depends on the couple.

Honored Contributor

@ID2  That's great that it is working for you and your husband but not so for the majority of marriages!!  Many just stay because they feel stuck in the marriage.  What I posted is not a theory but the way marriage started and that was to ensure that the husband would have someone to bear and rear his children and take care of his every need!  The legalities of pre nups can make a marriage more advantageos or limit what anyone can get from marriage - the same as legal agreements between those choosing to not marry.  I'm not saying everyone has to think the way I do.  I have been in my relationship for over 30 years so it's working for me.  Everyone is different and again no right or wrong - just what you believe in what works for you.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Marriage was instituted way back when women needed a man to support them and men needed a housekeeper, cook and women to bear their children and they were a man's property.  That is not so today and something I never wanted!!  I have been with my SO for over 30 years and still going strong while most friends, coworkers and acquaintances have never had any marriage last that long.  With pre nups there is not the financial security or rights that were guaranteed in the past.  There are legal agreements for those not wanting to marry that can provide just as many securities, rights and even more in some cases!! 

@Pook

I agree with most of what you say, but not all of it.  

I don't know why people think having a pre-nup means "you get nothing if we split".   That's just not true.  Some pre-nups are much more generous than what the law "allows" in a divorce.    

Further, pre-nups can be adjusted at any time later with a post-nuptual agreement.   For people that have businesses, inheritances, and a more complicated financial situation, they are definitely the right way to go.

Honored Contributor

That photo is staged. Why on earth would she be lying on the ground next to her star?

Respected Contributor

That photo is one of several poses that the family did on the day they both were awarded stars. They were clearly just having fun. Google pictures and you'll see .

Respected Contributor

I'm glad they're happy and their relationship has lasted.

Last weekend, saw Goldie in a sitcom from the '60s.  Must've been pre-"Laugh-In."  She was adorable in the role of a goofy neighbor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

That photo is staged. Why on earth would she be lying on the ground next to her star?

@151949    @golding76

Of course it was staged for all the photographers there.    It's a well publicized PR event in Hollywood.

EVERY star that gets a HWOF star poses lower to the ground next to their star.   This is nothing new ...  or unusual.   They all do it.

Related image

Image result for stars lying next to their Hollywood star

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Image result for sophia loren  lying next to their Hollywood star

Image result for Actresses  lying next to their Hollywood star

Related image

Image result for goldie hawn and kurt russell