Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of leaving handbags unattended.....

@Mominohio wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

If I bring my pocketbook with me, I don't leave it unattended.

@GCR18

Pocketbook! I don't hear that word much anymore. My grandma used to say that, and I think it a lot when I grab my purse, but don't hear it spoken much! 

Thanks for the memory!

@Mominohio

Haha.  We were brought up with pakabook.  When I hear purse, I think of a coin purse.

Valued Contributor

My husband doesn't leave his wallet in the pew and I don't leave my purse.  I see more and more women carrying their purse with them to communion.  My husband questioned it in the beginning, and I told him it was like leaving his wallet and he got it.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

All you achieve leaving a purse in the car is that people break into and damage your car in an attempt to get the purse. 

@151949...all you achieve leaving a purse out in the open is having someone steal from it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

My handbag is NEVER left unattended, period.   However, since retiring, I prefer to carry wristlets when I leave the house.   My trips out are usually to a doctors office, grocery store, or my platelet donations, so I prefer to carry as little as possible.   

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I leave mine on my seat during communion.  I normally sit on the side where there isn't much traffic and our area is normally one of the last areas to go up.  The whole communion process goes pretty fast and I'm back at my seat within a minute or so.  I've never seen any of the women take their purses up during communion but I wouldn't think anything about it if they did. 

I don't do buffets or salad bars 99% of the time but if I'm forced to go to one, I always take my purse with me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't leave my purse in the trunk either. People watching you can see you put it in there and break into your car. It's either with me or at home.

Honored Contributor

I leave my handbag in the pew when I go up to receive communion. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I don't go to a church, but I do have my hair done in a small, one person salon.  I leave my handbag under the seat in the waiting area.  It's within my line of vision while I'm having my hair colored or cut...my stylist locks the door when we are in the next room for washing and rinsing.  

Any place else I go...that bag never leaves my side.

Honored Contributor

I'm always amazed at the number of women (sorry, but most of them are younger women) who leave their purses in the grocery cart!

Honored Contributor

Several months ago I bought and became a huge fan of Lori Grenier's hands-free pouch, H202810.  I love it for any situation where it is impossible or inconvenient to constantly watch your handbag.  The would include, grocery shopping, church, buffets, etc.  I have enough room to carry credit cards, some cash, drivers license + proof of insurance, keys.  I now use it for my wallet in my purse and take it out when I don't need the purse.  It fastens with a very strong magnet, can't be seen or felt and won't come off.

My motivation for getting it was the number of purse thefts from older women in local grocery parking lots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment