Honored Contributor

Re: Son's Three and a Half Hour Surgery Over, and Resting "Somewhat" Comfortably!

@Oznell that is wonderful...so glad he is doing well!  Oh to be young and showin off the scars!! Thanks for the update!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Re: Son's Three and a Half Hour Surgery Over, and Resting "Somewhat" Comfortably!

Sending prayers to you all! Your son is being cared for so it's time for you both to care for yourselves! 🙏

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Thank you, MickD and jewelwisher!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Sounds like life is almost back to normal for your family.I hope you are feeling better too.I had to laugh about your sons pride in his scar...women would be trying to find a good cover cream for that.

Honored Contributor

Exactly, Whatnow!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  I join everyone else in gratitude and celebration for your good news.  I pray for continued progress and good health for you and yours.

Your story about your son's pride in his scar reminded me of a favorite story about our son.  A long time ago, when he played football in high school, I heard a loud, "AAARG!!" coming from his direction.  I had done the laundry and he was gathering his sport things to return to the locker room at school.  

When I called to him to see what was the matter, he answered, "It's my uniform!"  "Yes, I know.  It was hard to get those filthy pants white again." "But, Mom, you got the blood out!"   This mother took pride in his having the cleanest, whitest pants on the field, but his badge of honor was blood on them.

While I was typing this a notification popped up saying, "Oznell hearted your post."  Thank you, for whichever one it was.

Again, I sincerely hope for a full and rapid recovery for everyone in your family.  I understand the toll worry and concern for our children takes on the whole household.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Thank you very much, IamMrsG.   What a cute, priceless story about your son!  Love that.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG, love that story! Sounds like my son! @Oznell, so glad things are getting back to normal!

Honored Contributor

Wishing your family a speedy recovery....time for you to  have a cup of hot tea and know that all is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Oznell...I have been wondering how your son is doing since he came home from the hospital.  Would love to hear from you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam