Honored Contributor

Son Headed for Surgery Monday

Could I impose on those of you inclined to do so, to say a prayer for our boy?  He will be having surgery on Monday for a blockage that has caused one of his kidneys to almost cease functioning.

Apparently he has had the anomaly since birth, but we only found out this winter when he had a sledding accident-- the subsequent tests and scans revealed the problem.  We consider ourselves lucky to have found out, and can hope for return of function of that kidney.

He turned 17 this week, and is keeping his chin up about the surgery, but is naturally anxious underneath.  We would so appreciate your prayers, and thanks in advance for considering the request,     Nell

Honored Contributor

Re: Son Headed for Surgery Monday

will keep your wonderful son in my thoughts. hope all goes well and healing will be quick.

Honored Contributor

Prayers for your son and a successful surgical outcome. Also wishing your entire family comfort in this difficult time. Our son had some serious health challenges at your son's age and I know how stressful this can be. 

Regular Contributor

You bet.  I'll throw in a prayer for you too.  Good luck to all.

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers now.

I lost a kidney last year.

I was back at work a month later.

He will be fine, I promise.

@Oznell wrote:

Could I impose on those of you inclined to do so, to say a prayer for our boy?  He will be having surgery on Monday for a blockage that has caused one of his kidneys to almost cease functioning.

Apparently he has had the anomaly since birth, but we only found out this winter when he had a sledding accident-- the subsequent tests and scans revealed the problem.  We consider ourselves lucky to have found out, and can hope for return of function of that kidney.

He turned 17 this week, and is keeping his chin up about the surgery, but is naturally anxious underneath.  We would so appreciate your prayers, and thanks in advance for considering the request,     Nell

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell

I will pray for him. My son is having ear surgery on Tuesday. He's 30 years old & lives 4 1/2 hours away. I can't stand the thought of him going under anesthesia & not knowing what's going on. He's single & lives alone. So I'm leaving Monday afternoon to make the drive... This is his 2nd ear surgery in a few months. I went down for the last one too. I'm glad I did- he didn't think it was any big deal but the anesthesia made him nauseous. 

I'm sure your son's surgery will go just fine. It's amazing how high tech everything is these days. They'll take good care of him. Glad the problem was discovered so it can be taken care of. Good luck to your son! 

Trusted Contributor

I certainly will say a prayer for you and especially your son for a great outcome from the surgery.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@OznellOf course! I'm so glad you asked so we can all send lots of prayers for a very successful surgery and healthy son!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Tribesters~

praying for your son too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"