Trusted Contributor

Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me (don't want to ruin Cherry' thread)

@ Lotus @ECBG I am so sorry for your losses. As other have said, a parent's worst nightmare 😢.  May I suggest that a support group could be extremely helpful.  There's nothing like someone who has been through the same thing.  I wish you could fast-forward through the worst of the pain.  Time will make it easier.  😔

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

/

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

((((Lotus))))  I'm glad you are feeling strong enough to share such devastating loss here.  Lots of posters know grief too well and are strong also to share theirs.  Maybe a little strength in numbers (?) although gut wrenching.  Gentle hugs.

Trusted Contributor

@ Lotus  I am just sick to hear this news.  We have a 28 and 26 year old; I can't even begin to wrap my head around your pain.Smiley Sad

I am happy that you felt strong and brave enough to come here and let us know of your heartbreaking loss.  I want you to know, that surely was one of the most difficult things you have tried to do and you have succeeded.  Good for you, this was an important step in your healing.Smiley Happy

You're right, you can never be the same.  However, you can begin to deal with it little by little on your terms.  This was a giant step toward dealing with the horror you have experienced.

If I may suggest a thread or two on this forum - positive thoughts, 60's (doesn't matter your age).  Very nice, uplifting conversation with very lovely folks.  I'm sure there are other threads here as well, that could be of some heavy burden-lifting capabilities.

Also, there are other websites with posts that are very helpful.  If you ever run across any inspirational threads, try to read them.  I think you will slowly begin to see them helping, if only in a very small way each and every day.

Please know that we are here for you, we'll continue to send strength and blessings to you everyday.Heart

God bless you dear Lotus, may you find some peace each moment of your day.

Honored Contributor

I'm stunned...there are no words.  I haven't read the whole thread yet.  Just wanted to say something before I do.  I'm sending you lots of love, hugs, sympathy...anything.  I don't know how to help someone who is going through this kind of loss.  

Trusted Contributor

I know exactly how you're feeling -- we lost our precious 33 year old son to a rare form of cancer on 12/10/10.  The first year I was in a fog.  I'll be praying for you.

Respected Contributor

HeartHeart ((((((Lotus))))))HeartHeart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Lotus my dear friend, so sorry for your pain and the loss of your child. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Lotus, I am the mom of 3 sons, and I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling, but I send you my sympathy. 

Super Contributor

OMG Lotus I'm so very sorry!! I can't imagine what you're going through but may God Bless you and your family and help you through this terrible tragedy. I wish you happiness and peace once again.

God Bless your son and may God keep him safely wrapped in His arms for all eternity. 💕🙏